1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3DS flash cart for DS/gba/gbc/snes emulation

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by fatleon5, Jul 2, 2016.

1. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

Good morning all.

I am relatively new to flash carts, I had an old Acekard 2i for my DS but have recently been looking into getting a flashcart for my 3DS XL. I am mainly looking for emulation support, I don't mind if it can play 3DS backups and roms too but emulation is the main thing for me.
    I have heard good things about Sky3ds I think it was called but this seems like it is mainly used for 3DS roms.

Is there a cart out there that can run emulators? Mainly DS and GBA. Also do you have to install some kind of CFW to run or does it work fine with OFW?

Thank you for any help.

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

For DS and GBA-emulation you can use any cheap R4 card, where I live these are sold at the flea market. If you didn't update your 3DS XL to 11.00 yet downgrade it to 9.2 and install emunand. That'll allow you to use homebrew like the SNES emulator or backups of 3DS retail or e-shop games.
    If you have updated to 11.00 already you'll need a 3DS-flashcard if you want to emulate SNES.