1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3DS XL and R4i few questions from a n00b :)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by effendi360, Jan 8, 2014.

1. effendi360

effendi360 Newbie

Hello !
    Sorry for bad english, it's not my native language. :)

So I just got my 3DS XL and it's my first contact with this handheld. I'm planing to use R4i cards and been looking over internet for some answers. Hope You guys can help.

1. At the moment I've got R4i Gold Pro card. So I assume that this allows me to play only NDS games ?
    2. My console is now 4.4.0-10 software. To play 3DS games I need something like R4i GOLD DELUXE EDITION card, and be on 4.5.0-10 software not above that, right ? And to update to 4.5.0-10 I need an original game with this update ?
    3. O DELUXE EDITION card - can I play ALL 3DS games including new ones like The Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds ?
    4. I live in Poland. From where can I get this deluxe edition card ?

I think that's it for the moment. :)

2. leslielee

leslielee Member

I will answer your queston one by one,hope it can help you.
    first,yes,r4i gold pro only support nds game.
    second,alll of the card which is allowed to play 3ds game must work on console between4.1 to 4.5,so as your card is 4.4, so you don't need to worry. r4i gold dedluxe edition,gateway 3ds and the new card mt-card can be avaliable on 3ds game.
    then,you can play The Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds with an deluxe edition card.
    last,i know some famous site which is seeling this card,i always buy card from this site,you can used as a refrence. http://www.3dstown.com/

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  3. Polaris813

Polaris813 Regular member

1. At the moment I've got R4i Gold Pro card. So I assume that this allows me to play only NDS games ?

yes, only nds games

2. My console is now 4.4.0-10 software. To play 3DS games I need something like R4i GOLD DELUXE EDITION card, and be on 4.5.0-10 software not above that, right ? And to update to 4.5.0-10 I need an original game with this update ?

you don't need update your console to v4.5.0-10, just stay in v4.4.0-10 is ok, r4i deluxe can work on 4.4 perfectly.

3. O DELUXE EDITION card - can I play ALL 3DS games including new ones like The Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds ?

not all games, pokemon xy, animal cross cannot work. Zelda - A link between worlds is ok, r4i deluxe can work it

4. I live in Poland. From where can I get this deluxe edition card ?
    hmm... i just know a wholesale store, the price is very cheap, here it is: http://www.game4deal.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_70&products_id=501

4. effendi360

effendi360 Newbie

Sorry that I'm answering now, but have been very busy latelly.
    Thank you very much for the answers.
    I looked at your forum, and have read about this new MT-CARD with multi room support. Would this be the best solution to be able playing 3DS games on my XL ? If yes, do you know any shop selling this cards worldwide ?

5. Torres008

Torres008 Member

6. Polaris813

Polaris813 Regular member

mt card support multiroms, but mt card don't have emunand. its firmware is too old, means many roms cannot be supported.
    i recommend gateway 3ds, even a little expensive but their support team is professional.and seems gateway 3ds firmware v2.0 will support multiroms too, operate easier. firmware v2.0 has not come out, just a video released.

7. effendi360

effendi360 Newbie

Heh.. I just bought one from modchipfactory... But it they wrote:

following will be supported soon via USB upgrade

2)Support NAND-emulate

SO maybe it wont be so bad ?