1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3g Bricked think its a jailbreak issue

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by Co45, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Co45

Co45 Regular member

someone gave me a 3g stuck in dfu (black screen) to flash there 360 weeks ago and i have yet to get it fully functional!

restored over 50 times no exageration! errors 9 and 6 80% of time and the other 20% would be error 37.

it did restore twice once onto 3.1.2 and once on 4.0.1 both times when i used the redsnow jailbreak it went through all ok but after redsnow restarted device it goes right back to dfu mode (black screen)

it still shows up in itunes all the time and i cant get ireb to boot to white screen to try and do a restore with custom firmware from Sn0wbreeze???

tried several different ways to get it to restore with custom firmware allways get errors 1600, 1607...

there is no water damage and all the chips on logic board look finealso tried swapping out just the logic board and putting in a previously functioning phone???

dont know what else to do ???
    any one have any ideas

2. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

Try to Apple's 4.0.1 (NOT 4.0.2!!) and use www.jailbreakme.com. There are mods in cydia to turn off "native backgrounding", etc. Custom logos kill the process at times. I had to disable user wallpaper and custom boot logos, etc. Plus the 3G is slow as nuts without disabling shadowing and user wallpaper. - at least this has been my experience.

Redsnow works fine, but I had to work some magic to downgrade to use it (changing my apple source file, etc). I think the www.jailbreak me still works just fine.

3. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

Try to restore to Apple's 4.0.1 (NOT 4.0.2!!) and use www.jailbreakme.com. There are mods in cydia to turn off "native backgrounding", etc. Custom logos kill the process at times. I had to disable user wallpaper and custom boot logos, etc. Plus the 3G is slow as nuts without disabling shadowing and user wallpaper. - at least this has been my experience.

Redsnow works fine, but I had to work some magic to downgrade to use it (changing my apple source file, etc). I think the www.jailbreak me still works just fine.

Sorry for double-posting. Stupid 3G connection!! ;)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  4. Co45

Co45 Regular member

i plan on doing that but it doesnt restore hence me posting in here 99% of the time it stops during restore havnt been able to get it to go throught at all lately

5. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

Really? You tried swapping to a known good board? Wow! Maybe it is something simple like a broken ribbon or something. Dunno. I had to try a bunch of times before I got it to spit out a hardware error. I was fortunate to have plenty of parts and pieces laying about to swap around and troubleshoot which piece was the culpret.

Hopefully someone here will have some more insight.

6. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

I getcha. I don't remember what the exact error code was, but I had a 3G that simply would not take a load because of a hardware fail. Gave me a couple different codes that the Apple site stated was a hardware failure with no fix. Had a donor board that I popped in it, and it came up just fine. You at least have plenty of replacement parts if it is the case. :)

Haven't found the boards cheap enough to be worth paying for. Do you have a donor to swap mobos? That'd tell ya right there. Sorry I couldn't help.:(

7. Co45

Co45 Regular member

yeah i swapped boards from a couple different phones i was hoping there was a way to completely zero out the flash memory but all programs i found arnt online anymore ... maybe hoping that was my last chance

8. Co45

Co45 Regular member

sorry distracted by kids when i was replying.. the phone is fine its the logic board that is the issue i cant narrow it down only thing i can think of is a short somewhere

it just wont restore