1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3gs iphone with 4.0.1 wanting to jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by ferdyjmg, Jul 25, 2010.

1. ferdyjmg

ferdyjmg Regular member

This is my first iphone it is a 8gb 3gs with 4.0.1 installed on it. I got it at att so i dont need an unlock just a jailbreak. i use a pc and have been google like mad trying to find and learn on this. Is it out yet or does anyone have anything ive missed to get cydia on my phone?

2. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

Hi! ^o^

At this time there is currently no jailbreak for iPhone 3gs on IOS4.0.1. The only way to have a jailbroken 3gs on that particular firmware is if it was already jailbroken on a 3.x firmware, which will then require a custom firmware to upgrade with.

Hope this helps.

3. ferdyjmg

ferdyjmg Regular member

Is there a way to downgread to a 3.x and then jailbreak and then upgrade and do the re jailbreak? am i screwed forever or is ther something coming?

4. snickle

snickle Regular member

Something is coming, and now that jailbreaking it completely legal, I would suspect it to come very soon.

5. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

It is possible to downgrade, but only if your device has been jailbroken before and by the sounds of it, your's hasn't... >.< If you are interested about how to downgrade for future reference, see here. As the person above said, there is definitely something on the way, but is't just a matter of being patient for a release... lol

It's highly unlikely that the passing of the new law in America will have any impact on how quickly a tool is released. I give it a couple of weeks. I don't think they'll release a jailbreak for the 3gs until they release the iphone 4 jailbreak aswell.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  6. ferdyjmg

ferdyjmg Regular member

Thank you very much for the info

7. Memnock

Memnock Active member

There is no 8 GB 3Gs. They only come in 16 GB or 32 GB version. Are you sure you don't have an 8 GB 3G iPhone? If so can jailbreak that with redsnow.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  8. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

Actually, that's a good point... I can't believe I missed that... >.<

9. ferdyjmg

ferdyjmg Regular member

i bought two of them on thursday ... straight off the back of the box... iphone 3gs, black, 8gb @walmart in Plainfield Indiana. went for a 16 gb and this was all that was left so I settled for them

10. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

Fair enough! lol I just had a quick looksie and there are carriers doing 8gb 3gs in the UK also. lol Here they are... lol I dont know when they started doing 8gb 3gs though... o.0 strange... lol

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  11. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I'm sorry for mistake. I really didn't think they were making a 8 GB 3G S, but that's why I asked to make sure.