1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3GS jailbreak gone wrong

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by lsd447, Feb 9, 2010.

1. lsd447

lsd447 Member

i jail broke an iphone on 3.1 official firmware to one of th custom restore ipsw's, unfortunatly i think i was more than a little hasty and didnt do quiet enough research and now the iphone will not pick up a mobile signal 3g or otherwise so no phone calls either it does how ever have wifi. i only wanted to jailbreak it im not bothered about unlocking it as it is on o2 and im happy enough for it to stay that way.

so anyway i am now left wondering how to solve the problem i think its either try a fresh install of 3.1 and hack that first with blackrain then failing that i am going to upgrade to the official 3.1.2 update cross my fingers click my ruby heels and say "there is no place like home" hopefully when i open my eyes the signal for my carrier o2 will be back and then to jailbreak use black rain instead of using an already custom built firmware this time as blackrain does not alter any settings just jailbreaks? (would help if someone could confirm this)

anyway seen as knowlage is power and all that my phone reads as having the following settings

version 3.1(7c144)
    carrier O2 5.0
    serial 88938******
    model MC132B
    baseband 05.11.07

but this might change when i do the update? (again would help if someone could confirm this)

anyway regardless if i get help with this or not i will post my results hopefully success stories but you never know.

thanks in advance and also to serve as a warning dont mess about with your iphone until you have asked on here

2. lsd447

lsd447 Member

ok i said i would post my results and i here i am, well a fresh install of the apple firmware didnt work couldnt pass the athentication test which paniced me couldnt even up grade to 3.1.3 so i downloaded a 3gsunlocked and activated firmware from the usual places i would post a link but i am pretty sure that it would be blocked, anyway this kinda worked i still needed to blacksnow unloak it to get this to work and then i had to use apn hack to get 3g working again i know its not exactly step by step guide but i hope it helps anyone else who ended up in my position