1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3gs new bootrom vs 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by kutos85, Jun 22, 2010.

1. kutos85

kutos85 Member

Title explains it all. I recently acquired a 3gs with new bootrom from a friend thats getting a new iphone. I currently have at&t and i figured I could try to jailbreak it and use it for myself. Now I planned to try to jailbreak it and use it with no data plan. I was reading you can get a program through Cydia that would allow you to turn off 3g along with edge? Anyway after reading through lots of tutorials it seem like you can't jailbreak the 3gs new bootrom if its 3.1.3 or above. Now I have a friend that has an iphone 3g that wouldn't mind trading with me so I was thinking about doing that. I was planing on using the iphone for gps (tomtom) normal phone, mp3 player and maybe some games. Any recommendations on which phone I should get?

2. kutos85

kutos85 Member

I also forgot to mention that I was reading about the Spirit jailbreak for 3gs 3.1.3 but it says it requires your phone to be activated. The 3gs iphone I have isn't activated so can I borrow my friends 3g sim card and activate it to jailbreak it, then switch to my at&t sim card?

3. kutos85

kutos85 Member

nvm I found that I wasn't letting my at&t sim card stay in the phone long enough to allow me to activate. Used Spirit and its working find.