1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3rd party software for ATI Tv Wonder Pro

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by efface, Feb 21, 2006.

1. efface

efface Member

I just installed my ATI Tv Wonder Pro and I have to say that I am extremely disappointed in the software they provide. Out of the box it would immediatly crash on startup so I was forced to download almost 100mb in software. And I still get errors. The user interface is absolutly horrid!!

Anyone recommend a good piece of software to use my tv tuner card? Perhaps even one that can do tv show listings and schedule recordings?

Thank you

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

man there's tons of tv tuner apps out there...try a google search...most new ones have full PVR functions as well. One off the top of my head is Sage TV.

3. efface

efface Member

Thanks for the responce

4. Kretchy

Kretchy Member

Hi, I just recently bought this ATI card TV Wonder Pro RCE (Remote Control Edition) PCI card and went through much of the same trouble. After many attempts to install various versions of the software found that Version 9.06 and elated drivers from this link:
    https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=293
    also be sure if you use the Remote to install the latest version drivers for that I think i's Version 3.03. When at the ATI support and drivers page, type : multimedia center previous versions into the search bar, then find the correct listing for your card and use the versions mentioned above. I'm sure you will see it all work as it should. Although the DTV & TV-On-Demand won't work ATI is aware of this problem and assured me they are working on the problem and a future version will remedy these issues. Note this is the only version that the Guide Plus TV Listings functions correctly with and is stable. Hope all of this mumbo jumbo helps you out

5. ugc

ugc Regular member