1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3rd post for this question....please someone answer me

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by moocher, Nov 28, 2003.

1. moocher

moocher Member

I have a version 1.1 xbox, chameleon 1.3 mod chip, phillips drive...i flashed the bios when i first got the chip, installed Xaviers package, then it let me copy games to hard drive and i could play them and all other discs....one day it stopped playing them from the hard drive and disc, so i formatted the drive, flashed it with the new Evox M7 Bios, installed slayer's package, set HD back to retail and installed evox dashboard and all other apps...i loaded a few games on it that i played before, and it does the same thing..it says "loading" when i select the game to play from the HD and then 2 or 3 seconds later, it just goes back to the dashboard and won't play them..it will not even play original games.....but it will let me play DVD movies that are burned or original...CAN ANYONE HELP?? ;(

2. bob_roony

bob_roony Member

You did a retail/restore install (with ms dash) then added the apps? I would try the Rebuild option with the Slayers disk (never seen Xavier yet so I dunno bout it). Slayers Rebuild option will setup the partitions and install the apps. Have you added a larger hard drive?

3. moocher

moocher Member

Slayer's installer is what I did use, and I still have original HD with it. I reinstalled the retail HD option that it had, installed all apps, and evox dashboard. I finally just figured it out just now, I had the parental control settings all the way at the bottom, once i moved them up, everything plays flawlessly, memorex DVD+R at 4x...everythings great

4. bob_roony

bob_roony Member

wicked :) I know how ya must have felt, I'd be lost without my box, hehe.

5. Ghost2g4

Ghost2g4 Member

you might have to get a new hard drive for the load from hd. or you may have to reprogram your modchip