1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 coasters....

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by adolfojm, Jun 16, 2004.

1. adolfojm

adolfojm Guest

I have read the guides...used the software (Alcohol 120)....tried the 1 sheep process, 2 sheep process...and still cannot make a working backup of Age of Mythology (safedisk 2.7)....7 skulls on id protect...I am using an ATAPI 32/12/4...I also have a DVD burner
    TDK DVDRW 0404N (multiformat)....I also have Nero Ultra...can anyone suggest solutions...I am using Memorex CD-R media....not encountering any problems burning....the game just doesn't start...it hangs...works well with the original disk....everything I've read doesn't mention safedisk 2.7 ----mentions 2, 2x,
    2/3, 2.8, 2.9.....I'm stumped....please help

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. Well the guide for 2.7 works for versions 2-3.
    2. Are you certain the system hangs because of the backup rather than 'normal' system instability?
    3. Does the MDF/MDS work in the A120 virtaul drive?

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

What make/model drive is this? What does Device Manager or Nero Info Tool list the drive as?

Good working copies of the newer protections a highly dependant on the burner being used.

4. Praetor

It's a TDK drive so I am inclined to think it is a 1-sheeper but since you've already tried the guide it very well just may be a 0-sheep drive

5. adolfojm

adolfojm Guest

The MDF/MDS works in the virtual drive....this was my first time using a virtual drive and just tried "mounting" it and was able to get the game to load and work....would still like to be able to burn it to disk....Praetor, the CD-RW drive is a generic ---Nero info tools does not provide a manufacturer -- it refers to it as an ATAPI drive (I believe that is a type of drive)....my DVD burner is an external Indigo TDK multiformat drive....another user thinks that Nero may not recognize the drive....while using Alcohol120....the CD-RW drive is greyed out yet listed correctly as a 32/12/4...the DVD burner will also burn CD-RWs.....I have tried burning to that drive with the same results....any suggestions greatly appreciated...

6. Praetor

Well I would suspect that the TDK drive is a 0-sheep drive and so is the basic CDRW drive you've got. You wont be able to do much with a 0-sheeper since most of the workarounds require a 1-sheeper to function.

It's nothing wrong with your process or technique but rather drive cant perform the burning properly to preserve the protection scheme

7. slugbop

slugbop Guest

To the hundreds of you who have had coaster problems burning with Nero 5.0 up to 5.10.42 I have a tip. Go to Nero Burning Rom first and click on CD Copy-if I remember correctly. Where it says On-the-Fly, uncheck it. Then you should be able to use Express or Burning Rom with no further problems. I had at least 15 coasters before I read about this tip on a website.
    slugbop

8. Praetor

Good point however Nero is definitely not the tool to be using for copy protected cds