1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

44k to 48k

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by CCEncoder, Aug 27, 2004.

1. CCEncoder

CCEncoder Regular member

I read that I need to convert the audio in order to burn it to dvd and be able to watch it, so if I have a video with 44k audio, what is the process to remove the audio convert it and then inject it back?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What you have to do is "De-Multiplex" the Mpeg file into seperate audio and Video files...(You can do this with Tmpgenc"s "Mpeg Tools") after demuxing the Mpeg file just load the audio into Tmpgenc and encode it to "Mpeg 1 Layer 2" audio at 48000HZ...

After the audio is at 48000HZ you do Not have to Mux the audio and Video Files back together ,Most good DVD Authoring programs actually prefer seperate Audio and Video files to Create the DVD..Both DVDLab and Tmpgenc DVD author will accept seperate Aud & Vid files and many others....

If you really want to Join them back together then you use the "Simple Multiplex" in Tmpgenc"s "Mpeg Tools".......

Cheers

3. shiroh

shiroh Guest

it is worth a shot to give a try with 44khz, my player can play it. upsampling introduces noise if not done properly. i think theres an option in tmpgenc to at least use the high quality for upsampling. in the enviromental setting.