1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5.1 surround sound not working

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ad777, Feb 2, 2009.

1. ad777

ad777 Member

hello, im having problems with my 5.1 surround sound in vista 64 bit. i have a sound blaster titanium x-fi sound card which has 5.1 capability. i have Logitech G51 speakers, which are 5.1. and i have all the connections connect properly.

when i go into control panel, then sound, and configure the working speakers i can choose the 5.1 option. the problem is when i test it i only get left and right speakers working. the weird thing is when i play a song, watch a movie, ect i can hear 5.1 surround sound. (i know it works because i watched a bluray movie which is encoded in dolby digital surround sound).

normaly i would not have a problem, since i can hear the 5.1 when i play something, but i do video editing and when i try to set up adobe auditions surround encoder i only see the two left and right speakers, which means that in order to get the other 3 speakers and sub to show up in audition to properly do surrounds sound i have to fix it in windows and get windows to recognize them all.

i dont know if this is the optimal place to post or not, never really posted on forums before, but any help would be great.

2. ad777

ad777 Member

ok, fixed the problem in windows, i had the stupid music mode on in my volume control thingy that came with my speakers. however i still only get two speakers to show up in adobe auditions surround encoder. there is an area that says "audio drivers." in that area it says "audition 3.0 windows sound." next to it is a button that says "..." when i click on the "..." button i get audio hardware setup and under the surround encoder tab is the output channel mapping. there is a drop down box for each speaker and the sub, but i only have two options. there should be 6 different options for me to configure.

any help??? any ideas of what forum this should be posted on?