1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

500 Gb hd

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by pyramix, Feb 26, 2007.

1. pyramix

pyramix Member

Hey guys, I just modded a new 500 GB HD for my xbox and the Evolution X NDURE program says all space over 137 GB will be put on the G drive, but it doesn't display my extra 363 GB available. I upgraded to Xbox media center and it works fine.
    I was just trying to find out if there is anything in particular I needed to do to have access to the whole HD. I did format it in windows with the seagate partition application.
    Will it display "Drive G: Free space 363 GB" or something like that?
    Xbox MC is claiming there is only 4.4 gigs on G.....
    Thankx for the knowledge amigos!!!

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

the easiest way , is to open up unleash x goto format menu(password=xbox), then goto format g: then you should be all set. another easy way is to load up auto installer deluxe 3.0 and format the g: through that.

3. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

also i forgot to mention, once you have your g: formatted, you can use a program called xbpartitioner, to combine all of f and g together to make like a 495GB F:

4. pyramix

pyramix Member

thanks man.
    I'll try that.
    I read on these forums that you need a hardmod to have anything over 137 GB. I'll check out that xbox partitioner prog. and see if I have any luck getting the G drive formatted to recognize the whole HD.
    Thanks

5. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

Easier way if u can't get it to work with xbpartitioner. I couldn't find that program, which doesn't matter anyways. If you are willing to spend some time backing up your data this is the easiest way to configure your hdd to read all available space. Get EvTool. you'll also need to have like the m8 bios or whatever bios u use. You'll use this to patch the bios to read the extra space. Once you get this, just google (Evtool guide and someone was gracious enough to show all the screen shots on how to use this. You can also set the partition to either give all remaining space to F or 137 gb to F and the rest to G:, your choice. Then save this bios under a new name, just use the one that the guide uses copy and paste, and then flash to your chip. Boot up your Installer pack and reformat the drive, it'll all be taken care of and you just have to ftp whatever data you have backed up. Should take only a half hour depending on how much stuff you have. I did this to mine and I'm using a 750GB HDD.

6. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

hey pyramix, if you haven't got your space yet, pm me i will tell you exactly, how to get your space, guaranteed!!

7. handsom

handsom Regular member

Ooooh!!!! I'm gonna be trying this one soon; I'm losing out on a chunk of space myself. Wouldn't mind seeing that again. 137gb is *NOT* enough.

8. TeHaSuS

TeHaSuS Guest

well I'm bringing this old post back from the past. i can not get any of these methods to work for getting my xbox to read all 500gb of my hdd. evtools will not modify the bios i have. and when i use unleashedx's formatting tool to format g it doesn't do anything. can some one help me with getting this to work

9. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

Edit: I was going to suggest e.v. tool but I missed your last post.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  10. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Just a quick FYI (i'm on my way out the door)

Major risk of data corruption on partitions over 350GB in size.

350Gb is the maximum recommended size (drive, not partition) for a softmod as there is no way to patch the hardware bios to overcome the LBA 48 limitation. For really big drives you need a chip that supports a LBA48_patched bios.

Get your eeprom.bin and dashboards files, plus the contents of E\tdata and udata backed up as soon as humanly possible.. Back up the eeprom.bin to your pc as soon as you have read this post. A corrupted drive will not allow the xbox to boot, and will not be hotswappable. Back up that eeprom.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2007
  11. TeHaSuS

TeHaSuS Guest

all that is done. i have a Xenium Gold mod chip. i have not been able to get the bios to patch using evtools. i have not been able to get my hand on an already patched bios either. i could care less right now if data gets corrupted. since i have a habit of doing backups of all data that i have. my computer has 4.6Terabytes so i think I'm good.

12. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

What bios do you have flashed on your zenium chip and what version xbox do you have? Make sure you are using the Evox M8Plus bios cause e.v. tool only works with this bios. Next time be as descriptive as possible cause it makes it easier for people to help. :)

M8plus for 1.0-1.5
    M8plus_16 for 1.6

Here's a tut on how to use e.v. tool.

http://www.teamxodus.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11293

13. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Nice one John.. The xecuter 3 last series bios have been patched. I don't know if they go on the xenium as they are scarce in the UK.

Just thought the stock llamma drive size warning was in order seeing as this thread started out about softmod drive replacement. ;)

14. ninjanick

ninjanick Regular member

dont have a answer, but why do you need a 500gb hdd?

15. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

Because you end up like me and always have to delete games/movies to make room for something else and that's with a 320 Gb.

Back on topic:

I was just looking in the bios folder in auto installer deluxe 4.0 and it contains the +137 support bios for the zenium.

1.0-1.5= evox.m8plus.fc.137 (256k)
    1.6 = evox.m8plus.v16.fc.137 (256k)

GL and thanks janrocks for your continued support at afterdawn

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  16. ninjanick

ninjanick Regular member

i still really dont get why you need a 500gb hdd, its called a computer

17. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

I not only see why he would need 500 but see how he could fill it quickly. On my 320 gig hd my roms, not xbox games, are 15 gigs, plus 200 gigs worth of xbox back ups. The rest is filled movies, my entire cd collection and a digital back up of my photos for a slide show in xbmc. I filled the 320 in a few days.

18. awelch

awelch Member

Hi,
    First post here...
    I wish to put a 500gb HDD in my softmoded xbox,
    Is this at all posible? Do I need a chip?
    There was no actual outcome of this thread.
    Thanks

19. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

yes you can, you don't need a chip, you just need xboxhdm

20. awelch

awelch Member

Okay, well from what I have read about xboxhdm, it partitions C, E and if large enough F. How do I get it to make a G drive with the rest of the space? and if F has a maximum space of 137gigs, can G be big enough to fit the rest without corruption?

Thanks