1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

500 Posts :)

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Pop_Smith, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

How long did it take you to get to Senoir Member andmerr?

-Mike

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

current stats:

2739 messages to our discussion forums since you created your account on 23 August 2002. You have subscribed to 1040 discussion threads so far
    So far you've received 459 private messages through our site. Within the last 48 hours, you've received 10 new private messages.

the 1st year i didnt post just lurked around reading posts and guides.
    2nd year i started posting and got to senior about august last year.
    3rd year i'm now an addict : so i think it took about 10 months to post 2279

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

slowwwww!!!! compared to me starting oct 15 2004 & now just under 7k posts

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

7k posts, can I borrow a few?

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

yeah but i'm trying to have a life as well and if you add the other posts on the other sites i'm on thats around 4000

6. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

"You have posted 893 messages to our discussion forums since you created your account on 3 February 2004"

I still have loads to go till am in the AA group (no not Alcoholics Anonymous) I actually only started using this site on the 25th of August 2004 so thats less than a year.

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i went thru all the stuff in Nero forum, waiting for more older posts to be moved in i guess.

You have posted 3224 messages to our discussion forums since you created your account on 14 January 2005. You have subscribed to 1316 discussion threads so far. So far you've received 142 private messages through our site. Within the last 48 hours, you've received 5 new private messages.

8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

how about creating some that will stop the boredom while waiting....

Always trying to help you creaky athough i do have a problem that i need help with..

PM me when you have time

andmerr

9. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I can't wait to get to addict! but as soon as I reach addict im going right back to newbie....count on it!

10. ddp

why???

11. andmerr

andmerr Guest

yeah right geestar, i'll believe that when i see it.

12. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Yeah, it wouldnt take you that long to get alot of posts again since you will have made addict and would have the knowledge you need to get to where you are, what will u do if u reach addict again?

13. ddp

i'm 2.8x addict status

14. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

when you see it you'll beleive it!

I see all these new addicts (and they desreve to be addicts) but for awhile I felt it meant somthing for a long time...but now I don't.

I feel the same way as -dRD-. A title shouldn't define a person of who I am, but as long as Im helping....a title shouldn't mean a damn thing.

just my opinion.

15. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Well said geestar. I don't know if some of you know this but, you used to have to be promoted to even Senior Member via Mod, current Addicts/Seniors, and dRD. Not to mention Addict. Its almost too bad that dRD (no offense) decided to go with the posts rule instead of a required Mod recommendation. I believe (though it is my OPINION) that we should redo the system. Under this "new" system, you can get upto Senior member via 500 posts. But, in order to become an Addict, a Mod needs to promote you. This is my take on the "problem".

Peace,

Pop Smith

16. kenneth1

kenneth1 Regular member

I dont worry about title or how many post I make, If can help with a answer to some ones post thats having problems thats good enough for me, A lot of the questions are repeat questions and if some people used the search function they would find the answer, I read this forum alot and dont feel like answering repeat questions all the time, I have got help here to problems but I also use the search function, you learn more when you look for the answer your self instead of expecting someone to give it to you, but AD is a great place to find answers, just my 2 cents

17. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It used to be that Seniors were handpicked as well as the Addicts of which there were only a handful (I believe I was the last Addict to be added that way). I personally liked the old system better because those that went above and beyond the norm got a bit of recognition for it but all people did was bitch and complain to dRD about why they weren't a Senior or Addict. Basically dRD's screwed either way because folks will bitch about it about it any way it goes.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2005
  18. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

i guess your right Neph, maybe in time things will change back to the way they were.

19. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i did think it was down to being picked, i'm sure if was this very thread that i said that before, but i did think that was the was it was. In my opinion too, the various levels should be by being picked (no offense or criticism either dRD). the way i see it is the ppl who would bitch & moan in the 'picked' system, surely wouldn't deserve to be upped, unless they had actually earned it -the mods could verify whether or not they deserved it quite easily i would imagine. Again i thought this was the way it was anyway. just my five pence.

20. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you are right neph, but whether you embrace the new way or we go back to the old way you still wont keep the masses happy.

A better way would be to lead by example which i believe dRD has already done by putting under his name : i hate titles.

Why not change the titles to posts counts at least then every one will be on a level playing field and no one can whine about the system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.