1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

500 T missing channels

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by JohnnyT2, Feb 9, 2010.

1. JohnnyT2

JohnnyT2 Member

Hi guys, i'm new to all this dreambox stuff and any friendly advice would be much appreciated.Basically i have a dreambox 500 T in Co.Clare i currently recieve most of the ch@rus channels but i am missing S*y sports news and s*tanta sports..any ideas as to why this is?
    Thanks in advance

2. piopat

piopat Active member

ok it may be n3(as it is on the way for mmds)but it may only need a rescan(i hope) press menu and then setup and choose service searching, that will hopefully bring them back.

3. JohnnyT2

JohnnyT2 Member

Thanks for the advice but i tried it just there and still no joy..any other suggestions?

4. piopat

piopat Active member

do you know anyone else that has mmds near you,with a box like yours. if you do go and check to see if they have the missing channels(if they have the channels working then you are missing a frequency on your box)on cable ch--us turned off a few frequencies and moved channels around, so the new frequency had to be added to the box. its easiest to see a channels frequency on a starview t as it will display the frequency onscreen below the channel list. if no one you know has these channels then it may be the start of n3, if its like cable they go in waves(the less viewed channels go first, then sports,then movies etc) enoy what you have mate while it lasts.

5. tomhick02

tomhick02 Regular member

Have you ever received these chans, cause some of the 500t's have a dead spot in tuner which can cause this using standard chxxus ariel. Had the same myself, only way out of it is to change the downconverted to if622 or get the spikey ariel with the built in downconverter which shifts all freq up by 440Mhz, which takes all chans out of range of dead spot!