1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5003R to SR2150NX

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by coxdavi, Apr 15, 2007.

1. coxdavi

coxdavi Member

Is there a way to add a hard drive from a Presario 5003R into a Presario SR2150NX ?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. coxdavi

coxdavi Member

Thanks DDP, much appreciated. I just wanted to make sure that the 2150 would be able to tolerate the existence of the UltraDMA drive from the 5003R without it choking. I received some info from HP, so I will follow up on their suggestions. One last question: It seems like they are two different drive types, no ? ( Yes, when it comes to PC hardware and configurations, I am as good as a noob...mainframe third-party software is another matter ! Thanks for bearing with me ). The 2150 is a 120G SATA and the 5003R is described as 30G UltraDMA. The 2150 can tolerate a difference in the drives ?

Thanks,
    Dave

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

your SR2150NX has ide on the motherboard with the burner using 1 of the 2 connectors on the ide cable to the motherboard so the 30gig can be used on it with basically no problem. reason for saying "basically no problem" is that the jumper on the drives have to be set right or the hd & burner might not show up as they are conflicting with each other. also have to make cetain the 30gig is not the boot drive which you have to check in the bios.

5. coxdavi

coxdavi Member

Ok, DDP. Thanks again for all your help. Much appreciated.

Dave