1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

500w PSU vs. 420w PSU w/Case

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by cfultz, Jun 2, 2007.

1. cfultz

cfultz Regular member

since i passed my A+ Certification recently, ive decided to build or maybe i should say upgrade to a better pc. im using some of my parts from my current rig, which include a sony dvd+/-rw, samsung cd-r, maxtor 200gb hdd, and a WD 40gb caviar hdd. I went to newegg.comto buy my new case, mobo, cpu, psu, and ram because of their great prices and service. now im in a predicament, im purchasing a Raidmax case that has a 420w psu bundled with it (URL) and a Rosewill 500w PSU (URL). Now, the question is, should i forget about the Rosewill and just stick to the bundled PSU or should i buy the Rosewill and have the bundled one as a back up? Thanks in advance!

2. pollution

pollution Regular member

The Rosewill 500w PSU is definitely a better PSU. I found the link to the Raidmax PSU packaged by itself and by the specs you can tell its made cheaper than the Rosewill.

Rosewill
    Raidmax

3. cfultz

cfultz Regular member

thanks pollution for helping. after checking out both ive decided not to upgrade but just to build an entirely new rig with a cooler master psu and case. they arent a combo deal so the psu seems better. thanks again!

4. pollution

pollution Regular member

5. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

That power supply calculator is horribly outdated. Wat kind of processor are you looking for btw?

6. pollution

pollution Regular member