1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5g ipod video recognized as an older ipod

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Kulith, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Kulith

Kulith Guest

So about half the time that I connect my 5g black 30gig ipod video to my computer it is recognized as one of those older fat-white ipods and iTunes tells me that some of the songs/videos in my itunes library cannot be synced with my ipod because its software is too old. So I disconnect my ipod and reconnect it and all my videos are gone, and I have to wait like 5 hours for all the videos to re-sync. This is really being a pain in the ass, i hate ipods so much...

PS My ipod is up to date.

2. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Have you tried restoring your iPod to factory condition? This should help your problem, but just remember that it will delete all the files on your iPod so make sure to keep a clean backup in iTunes.

3. MonkeyFat

MonkeyFat Guest

I just recently posted about this. Mine does the same thing, I had to start synching manually. That bloody wiping out of the videos is too fast to catch if you're using auto snyc

Eventually it will develop amnesia in regards to your iPod model and make your iPod revert the firmware to a prehistoric state. In other words, it will think your iPod isn't capable of viewing TV Shows/Movies/Videos so it will wipe them all out in literally 30 seconds. Putting them back on later will take hours!

4. Kulith

Kulith Guest

I just restored it, and it definitely did NOT fix the problem.

So I have to manually manage music and videos? How do I this. I have the box checked to manully manage music and videos, but now how do I get the ones I want onto my ipod?

5. MonkeyFat

MonkeyFat Guest

Drag the song from your library over to your iPod and drop it.

You can drag and drop several at a time by holding down the ctrl key while you click on each one. Then just drag the whole thing over and drop it into your iPod.

6. MonkeyFat

MonkeyFat Guest

Once you get all your music back on, sort your iTunes library by "date added" when you want to add new music. That way, the songs you add from a new cd will be right up top.

7. Kulith

Kulith Guest

Ah ok, i getcha. I was going to say, searching for each individual song I add to my library to drag it into my ipod was going to be a pain in the ass.

I cant drag several videos into it though, i have to drag them one by one.

Thanks for your help.

8. MonkeyFat

MonkeyFat Guest

You're welcome. I'm glad you could understand my gobbledeegook. I have a hard time typing what I'm trying to say. :-D