1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6230 Unlocking Problems - Unresponsive phone

Discussion in 'Nokia - Unlocking' started by McD, Jun 9, 2005.

1. McD

McD Member

Apologies for starting yet another 6230 thread, but I am having unusual difficulties with unlocking that no answers have been covered in other threads (as far as I can see)!

I have recently recieved a Nokia 6230 direct from Vodafone in the UK, I want to unlock it.

I have got the relevant codes, but when I enter the codes on the phone nothing happens at all.

I have unlocked other Nokia phones like this so I know what is "supposed" to happen.

I enter the code (in the format #pw+123456789012345+5#), it should then at least give me an error message when I press the second # but it just stays there on the screen doing nothing.

Software Vers is:
    03-02-05
    RH-12
    GSM P1.1

I have noticed that even without a SIM in, when you switch it off it displays a Vodafone logo and says "Goodbye from Vodafone" are Voda flashing their phones with a customised version of the handset software that doesn't support any form of remote unlocking?

As I said the phone is brand new and direct from the network so there are no issues about stolen phones etc.

Does anyone have any ideas what's going wrong?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2005
  2. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

you tried it with a different sim in there? if its unlocked obviously it will work. however if its not unlocked you get to a screen saying "sim failed" or something like that, click undo then you should be able to type the codes in

3. McD

McD Member

Thanks for that :)

I put in a "foreign" sim, it then prompted me for a code, I entered the number I had generated and it unlocked me fine :)

4. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

sweet as a nut :)

only other thing i could of thought of was vodafone setting the phones to not accept new sims, which is changable in the nokia menu system

but if it works its all good! :)

5. McD

McD Member

Now for removing the Vodafone branding and menus....

Can I do this myself with a m/f-bus pop-port to USB cable or do I have to get it done properly somewhere?

6. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

not sure what you mean? nokia 6230 connects to pc via dku-2 cable

7. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

i presume you mean the vodafone live menus?

8. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

if so i found this

its not the same phone but i would imagine the idea would be the same, couldnt find much on google

9. McD

McD Member

10. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

that sounds like a fair price really, some people charge a tenner to unlock a phone

just make sure he doesnt screw the memory up in the phone!

11. tutubella

tutubella Member

don't know if anyone can help. i've just unlocked my phone (using www.mobileliberation.com who only charge £2.50!) and after keying in the unlock code a message came up saying that the restriction was off... yet when i put a different network sim card in i get a blank screen with only the battery indicator showing. i've tried keying in the unlock code with the different network sim in and a message comes up saying restriction already off.... so i'm stumped!

any ideas anyone?

:-(