1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

64-bit processor? What do i have?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ChaosBeck, Sep 26, 2006.

1. ChaosBeck

ChaosBeck Member

Hey everyone I was curious about the 64-bit processor. Im getting Vista when its released and it has two differnet versions, 32bit and 64bit. I was wondering how do i find out what my system is?

I have a modified machine, ati all in wonder 9800 pro VC, Asus P4P800-E motherboard with an Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ processor. 1.5 gigs of ram and 370 gigs of space. I was wondering how do i find out which bit rate i have.

Thank you

2. david66

david66 Regular member

You most Likly have 32bit your 64bit are dual core did you install the pentium 4 your self? chances are it is 32bit

3. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

If you want to make sure what kind of cpu you have, download CPU-Z HERE, install and run, and either deduct it from that, or if you're not sure, copy-paste the results here, and i'll have a look at it.

@David66 : i wish you'd stop, and think of all the possibility's before you give someone an answer like that, cause there is a chance that you're entirely wrong.
    Which is something i've noticed about a number of your posts.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2006
  4. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Asus P4P800-E = Socket 478, 32bit CPU only.

5. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Wow, and this time, morph comes in and proves the guy is right... Someone call the newspapers, we have an AD exclusive ;-)

6. david66

david66 Regular member

I bow to your almighty knowledge and you just proved that you do not know every thing so please leave out insults if some body has a ? I will try to help i do not claim to know all the answers. this is a fourm for helping not throwing insults and making out that you are a know it all Regards
    David66

7. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

I'm by no means claiming i know it all, just pointing out you have made some entirely wrong advisory posts in the past.
    Also, indeed, this forum is meant to help people, but "helping" people when one seems to have no clue about the correct answer seems redundant to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2006
  8. david66

david66 Regular member

If i give a wromg answer to a ? then i become like a person who asked a ? is that not how we learn? If i beleve that the answer that i give is correct and i am wrong then i stand corrected but most important i havelearned something new again we learn by our errors

Regards David66

9. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

That's true, but it ALSO complicates matters in some cases.
    This would be an example : http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/389856
    Your answer here could have caused an even more serious problem for this guy.
    The point i'm trying to make here is that if you don't have the exact answer, or aren't sure, then tell the person that, and tell them to wait for some additional input on the matter.
    Don't get me wrong, i'm not here to piss you off, just to press a point that is very important, and could save you from getting flamed for giving incorrect, or incomplete info.

10. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Must have missed something....actually glad about it.