1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6680 versus K750i

Discussion in 'Nokia - Unlocking' started by Oriphus, May 13, 2005.

1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Has anyone got a Nokia 6680 yet? I'll be getting one on the 26th of May when it comes out on O2.co.uk I was also looking at the new 2MP K750i camera phone. anyone got an opinion on the above phones.

I know Nokia are launching an N91 sometime at the end of June/begining of July, but i cant be arsed waiting that long considering ive already been waiting for this phone since March...

Cheers
    Chris

2. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

ive got a 6630, had it about 2 months now on Orange UK. absolutley top phone, im well happy with it. The 6680 is a similar spec isnt it, but better, with a 2nd camera on the front for video calling? if its anything like the 6630 you wont go far wrong, matey.

With regard to Sony-Erricson phones, a couple of my mates have them and if you're used to the user-friendly-ness of Nokia, you could be in for a bit of a culture shock. they have a lot of features but are quite complicated. thats my opinion anyway.

oh yeah, & the N91? thats gonna be my next phone methinks, when im due an upgrade.. yum yum, lovely..

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, the N91 is a promising phone as long as its not too bulky and the abttery life is ok. Im thinking ill get the Nokia basically because i already have a 512MB MMC card and dont want to start buying SOny Sticks, even though the SE K750i is a better spec'd phone.

I'll upgrade to the N91 when it comes out by giving my g/f my phone and getting her to take out a new contract and me getting the N91

Chris

4. dominator

dominator Regular member

Remember that nokia 6680 does not use normal MMC, it uses dual voltage reduced size mmc (DV RS-MMC).

ps. N91 is god!! ;)

Last edited: May 17, 2005
  5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Doesnt it use the same MMC card that my Nokia 6230 uses?

6. dominator

dominator Regular member

I am afraid not. The card that 6680 uses is double times smaller then normal MMC. And its not just reduced sized but its dual voltage one (important cuz just reduced size ones wont work on it!) Here is an example of it:

http://pc-memory-upgrade.co.uk/new-prod/dual-voltage-rsmmc.asp

And the dual voltage rs-mmc cost much more the rs-mmc. Its also hard to get big sized ones (like 512mb and 256mb).

Ps that was one of the reasons why i got 3230 for now.

7. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

oh right. i never even thought of that until i read that link in your post, dominator. i got the standard 64mb one that came with the phone in it, i thought that would be ample for what i need. Until i found the joys of Bluetooth & how many daft videos & stuff i can get off my mates! its nearly full! dyu reckon thats a good price what that website is quoting for their standard 256mb RSMMC card then? i have no idea on memory cards for phones, 6630 is the first phone ive had thats needed one..

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Cheers for that info there, i hadnt realised that they were different.

BigPantz, i wouldnt get it from that website mind you, personally id buy it from here for Kingston 256MB:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=98876&item=6397375085&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Or if you want to buy in the UK, get this PQI:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29745&item=7517238329&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Or this Kingston in the UK - 256MB:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29745&item=7516094074&rd=1

Or if you're after a cheap 128MB UK one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29745&item=7516973548&rd=1

Chris

9. dominator

dominator Regular member

Trust me dont get kingston memory cards. 50/50 chance it will have alot of bugs with the phone.

Last edited: May 21, 2005
  10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I decided to go with the K750i to be honest. Its exactly the same phone as the much anticipated Sony Ericsson W800i, except for the outer shell and the fact the w800i comes with a 512MB card and mine only comes with a 64MB one.

K750i beats it virtually on all angles. Ok, its not a smartphone, but it has all the features id ever want, a screen that easily matches the Nokia, if not better, a far better camera and a great headset and box full of accesories. It has awesome MP3 player capabilities.

I should receive it on Wednesday :D