1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7.0.5.4 released

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by whompus, Feb 6, 2006.

1. whompus

whompus Active member

7.0.5.4 update is released today.

2. whompus

whompus Active member

The first couple added features I see in it are for ipod video in recode.

3. dvdnoobie

dvdnoobie Regular member

Thanks whompus, I'm downloading it now. :)

4. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

The new Nero 7.0.5.4 has a few bugs, it's sad but true. I can confirmed it. I don't know about others, but I've downloaded directly from Nero's website and installed on my system twice (installed, uninstalled, then reinstalled, and go back to 7.0.1.4 which worked flawlessly). This is the first time ever that happened to me, which I've never experienced any bugs or issues with Nero 7 before. Again, it's sad but true.

I found that Nero Recode 2 doesn't work, you can't even "recode an entire movie, recode the main movie, remake a dvd & recode main movie to Nero Digital", all you can do is "recode dvds and video to Nero Digital" only. Plus Nero Vision doesn't have the "make DVD tab", so I end up went back to 7.0.1.4. This is quite unusual for me because I've never experienced any bugs or issues since the very first Nero 7.0.0.0 that came out until 7.0.5.4 and thus I've seen the bugs now.

Just a note that's all. I guess I'll wait for the next updates (version). In the mean time, I'm good with 7.0.1.4 (it has been burning flawlessly as it always been for me).

5. whompus

whompus Active member

Alkohol.... Sory to here of your trouble with it. Was there errors during install of any kind?

So far it is the best of version 7 for me. The make dvd tab is still in vision. I only had one bug in 7.0.1.4 though that I ran into. It is fixed in this new version also. It was the infamous black screen in start/end frame of recode. It does dvd nicely for me. I do still prefer other means of backups but it seems to do a good job. And does a very good job with videos from my dvd recorder that are in vr format.

I have not tested the videos I recoded useing the ipod profiles yet in an ipod but the recode went well.

6. zg1286

zg1286 Member

I just downloaded but did not install. Think I will stay with 6 until I see more positve results from here

7. needabeer

needabeer Member

i just cant understand why the peeps at nero just keep messing with this great software it was okay after the last update(7.0.1.4b). when will they learn that if it is not broken dont fix it! Its like wiping your ass with sh**,Pointless;)

8. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

i only want Recode2(nero 7, i have 6), what is the cheapest i can buy it for and where?

9. remkol

remkol Member

I solemnly agree with Alkohol. The new Nero version 7.0.5.4 contain so many bugs that will fill up a bucket. Tried to install it, (4 times) and now back to 7.0.1.4b
    I wonder if I will be able to use my labelflash in NEC DVD writer that I have been promised the new updated version of Nero will include.
    Say no more. I will keep fingers and eyes crossed around this forum.
    Best of luck you guys.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  10. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@whompus

The installation went fine, no problem, no glitches, everything went smoothly as the usual. Except when it's done and I tried Nero Recode 2 to recode a movie, but it won't do it, by meaning it won't load at all. The only thing that seems to work is "Recode dvds and video to Nero Digital" only. Nero Vision is also missing "make DVD" tab for converting & transcoding AVI into dvd. It's sad but true -- Like I said, I've never experienced any bugs since the famous Nero 6 Ultra and Nero 7 until now (7.0.5.4).

I even used both Nero's clean tool 7 & 6 to dig every Nero files out, look through "regedit", plus I have Windows search for any Nero's files/applications and delete them completely. Reinstalled it, everything went fine, and yet still Nero Recode 2 and Nero Vision is still missing some of those tabs that I've mentioned earlier.

After 1 & 1/2 hr of installing, uninstalling and reinstalling the new Nero 7.0.5.4, I decided to go back to 7.0.1.4 and boom.... everything is working as flawless as usual. All of Nero Recode's tabs/programs and Nero Vision's "make dvd" tab is there.

I don't know about other members, but that's my story behind 7.0.5.4 and I won't be updating anytime soon until Nero has a new version in the next 1 or 2 months.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  11. scatar

scatar Member

Since when I passed to Nero 7, I started to have burning errors at the end of the process. With the latest version (february 7)this problem happens even more frequently, especially if I try to copy a CD.
    Moreover, InCD 5 does not allow stopping and/or ejecting drives (such as the DVD reader of portable computers or USB DVD writers).
    I have been looking forward to this update but now I realized that is even getting worse and I finally decided to move back to Nero, version 6.

12. JayNLA

JayNLA Member

I have the same problem - DVD options disappeared off Nero Vision Menu. Also Nero Showtime does not Play dvds. I'm guessing somehow the MPEG2 codec got disabled - but I'm not sure.

Come on Ahead.. Do you even test these releases?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  13. junesie

junesie Guest

I have the same problem alkohol...:( I was able to burn an .iso dvd image using nero express though :).

But still...I need Nero Recode! :(

where can I go to get the previous version? (7.0.1.4)

14. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

sad but true - i had the same problem as alkohol.

I've now gone back to the previous version (Nero7.0.1.4b)

15. ebega

ebega Regular member

Same problem with recode here also....going back to previous install

16. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Sup guys,

I guess I'm not the only one afterall. Yep, the new Nero 7.0.5.4 definitely has more than a few bugs, that's all I can say. Like I said, I'm usually the one to compliment Nero 7, but not this time, sad but true -- sorry Nero, your new version has too many bugs.

Nero Vision, Nero Recode 2 and Nero ShowTime (I forgot this) just doesn't work for me. So I end up going back to Nero 7.0.1.4, which worked flawlessly for me. Reinstalled 7.0.1.4 back and boom... everythings back to normal.

My suggestion to others out there (or reading this) is DON'T update/upgrade to 7.0.5.4 yet, until Ahead aka Nero has fixed all of their bugs. I won't be updating anytime soon because 7.0.1.4 is burning, converting AVI, transcoding/compress movies and playing movies flawlessly for me. I can wait 1 or 2 more months for the next updates and see if Ahead (Nero) has resolved their issues.

17. whompus

whompus Active member

Yeah looks like others are having problems also here as well as other sites from some reports. I guess maybe because of constand adding of features and device support some will run into bugs for a while. Just glad I am not one of them [bold]YET[/bold].

Also to answer a question we had in a prior thread 7 does support blu ray. I like the way rom scans for supported devices at start. Altho it does cause some delay in startup time.
    [​IMG]

18. PokusH

PokusH Guest

Just out of interest I cleared all nero products and then reloaded v7.0.5.4 and accepted the Demo key. (Did not instert my purchased key)
    When I started nero everything worked perfectly including the option to make a DVD.
    I then started Nero smartstart and inserted my retail key, after this the option to make a DVD had gone.
    It looks like there is a problem accepting the key.
    PH

19. wilham

wilham Member

7054 is working perfectly for me. I recoded bambi2 with it. I had anydvd in background. I also did a couple of avi files I downloaded with vision. The animation menu is working now as well.

It gets thumbs up from me.

20. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Major problems with 7.0.5.4,
    Couldn't even get Recode to work, went back to 7.0.1.4b Think I'll wait until AD says it is safe to upgrade Nero...