1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7.0.5.4 released

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by whompus, Feb 6, 2006.

1. wilham

wilham Member

Almost 9000 downloads of it from here at ad alone. I think if it was that bad there would be more posts saying so.

2. whompus

whompus Active member

Its over 9000 now but yet and still. I dont think these guys would make up problems with it if they didnt have them.

I know alkohol would not.

3. jemaric

jemaric Member

i finally got it to install by getting offline that meant closing internet explorer

4. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

wilham
    Even though you see 9000 dls that doesnt mean everyone tried recode. So many of them could have the problem alkohol and others mentioned. Best course of action in these cases is to WAIT, unless you urgently need something in the update, or need to fix an error. But, be ready to run in to problems. Its great that the update worked for you. If alkohol says he has problems with it, and isn't updating,, guess what? [bold]Im not updating until he does[/bold] :). His word is enough proof for me, i aint even trying the update as my 7.0.1.4b is working fine. :) Now where is that can of bug spray i keep around my computer??

Oh, and i ALWAYS keep the previous version .exe file in my Downloads folder. That way i can go a version or more back if needed. Comes in handy in cases like this as nero will not host 7.0.1.4b anymore and it will be hard to find if you deleted the file.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  5. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

@wilham

out of curiosity, did you instal your nero7.0.5.4 with a serial number or did you instal it as a demo?

6. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Just for the heck of it, I deleted all Nero, ran the Nero general clean tool, reinstalled Nero 7.0.5.4 without the serial number, and it still didn't work. went back to the older 7.0.1.4b and everything works fine. From now on I'm listening to a Homocidal cat with a Kalishnikov. =)

7. brocot

brocot Member

I have the same problem, nero 7054 no DVD creation in NERO Vision. function. Version 7014b is ok.

8. rabidrod

rabidrod Member

I Tried to Install the new version several times - crashes every time.. The version I have is 1 0 2 anyone know where i can download Nero7.0.1.4b ?? Thanks

9. brocot

brocot Member

10. domie

domie Member

the new Nero program will blacklist all previous used pirate keys, that is probably the problem many people are having.
    if you actually paid for it and are not ripping them off, then i suggest you contact customer support as it "may" have invalidated some genuine keys also.
    i have a valid key and it unlocked everything perfectly but when i overwrote it with a pirate key, the options which others in this thread have described as missing, also disappeared for me.
    i reinserted my valid key and the options appeared again, no problem.

11. bluesdvd

bluesdvd Member

Hi

Don't use the ne w 7.0.5.4

It has a few bugs
    It is a shane that Nero is not able to do these things correctly
    Does anyone have v 7.0.1.2 I would like to clean 7.0.5.4 (How do I do it 6) and reinstall 7.0.1.2

I'm a registered users (I have my serial number)

12. wilham

wilham Member

@guyy
    I installed with my serial number. During install it came up with user name computer name and had demo serial number in it. I changed the demo serial to my real serial and let it go on through install. It is still working great for us.

13. brocot

brocot Member

Nero 7014B

ftp://ftp1.usw.nero.com/software/nero7/Nero-7.0.1.4b_eng_no_yt.exe

14. ebega

ebega Regular member

I found this out lastnight as well. My cousin installed Nero for me and I thought it was a legit copy...called him and found out that the program and serial came from a torrent site. After finding this out, I got online and purchased a downloaded serial from Nero, re-installed 7.0.5.4 with my new and legit serial, and everything works perfectly.

15. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

i think you may be right..i'll get in touch with them as i have a legit serial code. cheers for the insight.

16. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

You guys and gals are great for trying to find a fix for this. Someone else was going to have to find the answer to this problem as i am not updating for a while, maybe for a long while. If it is a pirated serial number causing problems, then that one isnt hard to fix. Im going to have to see many more ppl reporting back that this works before i do it. I have a legit paid for serial number, but i don't want to risk loosing functions right now.
    [bold]Now you know why we say edit out your serial numbers when you post a Nero burn log.[/bold] Next upgrade your now public serial number is listed as coming from too many computers, and Nero shuts them all down, including the legit user. I guess they figure the real serial number owner will contact them and the rest will find a way to steal another set of numbers, and the cat and mouse game continues until the next update. Not all pirated numbers came from public posting, but you make it easy for anyone to steal it when you post it on a public site open to the world..
    And yes, you can still get 7.0.1.4b at the ftp site:
    ftp://ftp1.usw.Nero.com/software/nero7/Nero-7.0.1.4b_eng_no_yt.exe
    I didn't think they would keep the older version up, but i guess they do for a while.
    Again, thank you everyone for doing the "in the trenches" testing. I'll sit back a watch you find the cure.. im in no hurry, your doing a great job..

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  17. rcgamer

rcgamer Member

i was able to install it fine. but when trying to use nerovision to encode some avi to dvd had to use auto chapter because preview wouldnt show the screen, after using auto chapter it would hang when generating them. would go very slowly just adding the avi, if editing buttons to a different frame would hang.
    tryed the clean tool and removing registry keys and everything imaginable and reinstalled, same thing. reinstalled 7.0.1.4 and all is well again except of course cant animate buttons. definately a problem with the new version. i have sent the info to nero tech support and have yet to get an answer.
    I would wait till the next version to update. oh and i do have a valid legal key.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  18. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

Once again Nero is using US their loyal customer as BETA TESTERS.. They may write a good program, but it looks like they dont test the updates at all. Just post it to the world, and let them tell us what is wrong.. And the tech support from them is almost worthless other than their web site..
    Im not updating. Dont need anything that supposedly "improved" yet causes problems for tooo many ppl in the process. If you see an alpabetical update soon, it will be to fix the minor problems they find, if they are fast. Otherwise, id wait for a full number update before doing it, and even then, dont rush to be the first person on your block to have the latest version of Nero.. LOL

19. rabidrod

rabidrod Member

Thanks brocot & MaxBurn, I'm downloading 7014b now. I do have a registered serial #. When I was upgrading it accepped the number but half way thru installiation it sajd a cab file was missing and quit.. problem was it had already taken 012 off.. Hope things go better with 014b. Thanks Again

Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
  20. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

rabidrod,
    Yes, its best to stick with the last version that was working. Hopefully by the time we need the new stuff, they have a new update that fixes the old bugs, but creates NEW ones.. LOL. sounds like a cheap novel..
    I like nero, it reminds me of an ex-wife i had. Tempermental, cranky, un-forgiving, cold, calculating, but sweeeeet when everything was perfect..:)