1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7.5.7.0 now available

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Platy767, Oct 17, 2006.

1. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@alkohol
    The mp3 audio conversion was finally fixed in 7.2.3.2b for some and 7.2.7.0. Not everyone had the problem - I just happened to be one of the lucky ones that did :0)

@Platy767
    No Nero news here. How about you keep on posted on the Nero happenings?

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Hi to all, well tried this version of Nero and my encode problems finally are solved, it encodes to MP3 just fine, no longer freezes at 99%. However, now I got a problem with Nero Recode that I never had before, I choose save to HDD and my target source is greyed out. I can use the browse tab and it will show the directory and save it to that directory, it just does not show it in Nero. Any ideas on this one, Nero support as you all know leaves something to be desired.

[​IMG]

3. binkie7

Hey arniebear
    Was just doing a movie in Recode but picked the burner. Looked when I saw your post and target folder and browse also is greyed out.
    I'll have to check on the next one and see if I can figure it out.

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Hi Karen, hope all is well in your world. If I choose my burner it is not greyed, only if I choose HDD. I had ripped School House Rock for my gkids, actually watched it myself, lol. Anyway I tried to use Recode but it gave me an error, yet Shrink breezed right through. Gonna have to wait until I get something else to try tomorrow and see if this one has a few bugs.

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Silly ole me is still using 7.0.0.0...its still running strong with no problems, so I'm not updating yet.

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

If I was smart, which it seems I am not, I would just realize that 7 is a PITA for me. Everytime I think I got it working something else bites me. I should just wait for Nero 8. Nero 7 really does carry a lot of bloat in it, Nero 6 was just a little over half of what 7 is.

7. LOCOENG

Is Nero 8 on the horizon?

8. binkie7

Ok checked again - put the movie back in as a test. With the burner option both target and browse are not greyed out. Picked hard drive and target was greyed out but browse wasn't.
    Went back and picked burn the project again and both are greyed out - weird. No reboot.
    Pete - I wouldn't hold my breathe on Nero 8 :)

locoeng
    we need to get you up to date w/ the times - lol

9. LOCOENG

I'm not sure...I've finally broke out ot the Nero looney house and I'm not sure I want to come back. ROTFL

10. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@LOCO

What you don't want to join all of us happy up to date Nero users. You know all of us that are guinea pigs for the Karlsbad people :)

11. LOCOENG

I much prefer being an ArrcosS guinea pig...LOL

...and following in your footsteps.

12. arniebear

arniebear Active member

It wouldn't be so bad being a guinea pig, if I did not have to pay for the privilege of doing so. Besides ARccOS is a piece of cake compared with Nero, lately :)

13. LOCOENG

That's why I'm still using 7.0.0.0 and my logs look like crap...blog

14. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Karen, on Recode didn't it used to have that red status bar going across on the encode, cause it is not on this one. I feel like part of the program is missing, it reminds me more of 6 than 7.

15. binkie7

My god locoeng you really want that one to stand out - I was blinded :0)

Hmmm good question arniebear - I just looking at both 6 & 7 - are you talking the blue bar showing the size?

16. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@arnie & binkie

Mine says the same thing (Target is greyed out, but browse is working), but once it's done, it's fine, Target should be there. I've transcoded 4 movies with Nero Recode already and it's working smoothly for me. Again so far, I'm the few that doesn't have any bugs yet.
    [​IMG]

Not related to Recode, but I like the new ShowTime too. Well, it's kinda red, but it's different from others.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  17. binkie7

Just a thought but maybe Nero greyed the target folder out due to incorrect paths being typed in? Don't know but as long as browse works - much easier.
    I do like the look of the giu of Showtime though you're right about the red could have toned it down a bit :)

18. Platy767

Platy767 Regular member

@binkie7
    Apart from a regular Nero News, the benefit of registering as a Nero user is a "Download Window" that is made available for updates. I get a new package down in 10mins. Whether this is any better than a non registered user - I don't know, but at least it makes me feel special!

19. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Does anyone see any advantages in the latest version of Nero over the previous version of 7.5.1.1? I'm happy here and kinda hesitant to upgrade into a quagmire of problems. I agree with Locoeng, stay with the known working version, unless the upgrade has benefits.
    Just my 2ยข worth.

20. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Thanks alkohol and binkie for the info, at least I know that my computer wasn't at fault and that others have the same thing on their screen. It is nice to have a place like AD to solve your troubles and all its great members :)