1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7.5.7.0 now available

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Platy767, Oct 17, 2006.

1. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@Platy767
    At the rate some of the newer downloads are going lately on Nero's site even w/ a fast connection - 10 mins is good!

@blivetNC
    Haven't seen any added benefit yet - unless you use Vista - but have only used Recode a few times and Express.

@arniebear
    I agree - definitely nice to have a site like aD with all the great members!

2. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@arnie

You're welcome buddy, that's what buddies are for, sharing knowledge and helping each others to resolve any unsolved issues. Yep, we're definitely "the few great members here at AD." Unlike some (few) newbies, especially those hard-core newbies, whom claims to be so knowledgeable that has no respect for the few of us (lol). I know one already started threads dissin' and rantin' about our guides (looks more like it). I'll keep my eyes open on those two threads, if he/she keep on ranting then I'll bite and say something.

3. podbay

podbay Member

.: I wonder, then, if alkohol is having no problems with 7.5.7.0, will there eventually be an new, edited version of the brilliant and very handy "To Convert AVI to DVD with Nero Vision 4 (basic guide)"?

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/272946

I am still using 7.0.8.2, and that version does not allow for the setting Book Type to Automatic. (I don't know what Book Type means, anyway...) :)

Thank you, alkohol, for creating this guide in the first place, which has helped me many times.

4. Trom

Trom Regular member

Book Type is a small piece of information inserted on the beginning of a DVD. The Book Type refers to the physical format of the disk and tells the DVD player how to treat the disk. If you for instance set the booktype on a DVD+R to DVD-Rom the DVD player will see the disk as a DVD-Rom and treat it as thus. This increases the chances of the DVD being compatible with a greater range of DVD players.

5. rayrou

rayrou Member

About booktype...
    How can one explain that in NBR or NV4, if the booktype is put on «automatic» the burning fail, after just a few sec. If I put it on «réglage graveur actuel», wich is approx «settings of actual burner», the last choice (of the 4) on the list, everything is fine in both NBR and NV4.
    After «reading» a few logs, I concluded that Nero was reading the DVD as an -R, while it's a +R, wrestles with it and then give up.
    Tough question...

Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  6. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@rayrou
    Sounds like you have a burner that booktypes automatically - no program like Nero is needed.
    So my guess is that by setting it to automatic Nero is getting conflicting commands since the burner is booktyping it not Nero.
    Just a thought.

7. rayrou

rayrou Member

It's possibility amongst others... But since the «new» NV4 doesn't allow booktype changes, the only way I can get over it is by encoding on my hard drive and then burning the created DVD file with NBR with the settings of the burner the only way it works for me. But then Showtime sends me weird messages, so is NV.exe. Long live 7.082
    Tanx

8. rcgamer

rcgamer Member

If anyone who has had the issue of nerovision bogging down (you know ,takes forever for the video file to load, when you try to make chapters the video preview blacks out or doesnt move at all, the thumbnails show as blank etc.) with all versions but 7.0.8 could you tell me if this is fixed yet. Every version but the original and 7.0.8 have been like this for me.