1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7 virtual drives and a mounted copy wont work

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by feli, Oct 21, 2004.

1. feli

feli Guest

hi i am using alcohol(newest vers.) and i made images from kid games,wich were stareforce protected if i remember it well.
    they also can be emulated in the virtual drives, but if i try to have more than 7 virtual drives than the games wont work.
    if i stay put with 7 or less than the copies work well.
    i hope someone have an idea why ... thanks flee

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

try daemon tools to add more virtual drives

3. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Starforce is a bizzare and painful protection. Newer versions eg 3x wont allow you to play from a VD unless you disable your secondary IDE controller from BIOS. Which is a lot of trouble just to play a game.(doesnt work for everyone) All versions of SF load their own copy protection drivers onto your system when you install a SF protected game. Older versions were quite copyable and they didnt blacklist Alcohol, Clone or any other copy apps specifically. With the version you've got, an older one, its drivers can detect how many drives you have, and it obviously feels if you have more than 7 you must be using a VD with emulation, and a copy app. Do a google on Starforce its very interesting.

4. feli

feli Guest

thanks for the reactions,
    jah its weird,the game wont run if i have the daemontools installed ,
    if i install clonecd and its vd`s, i can have just as many vd`s until i have in total 7...(like 6 alcohol vd`s and 1 clonecd vd)

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Ive never dealt with more than 5 virtual drives. I bet thats why they sell Alcohol 52% it lets you use up to 31 virtual drives. The limitations of Virtual drives is 6 with Alcohol 120%. I remind you that you cannot have both Alcohol 120 and Alcohol 52 installed at the same time. so if you want to try using clonecd and use Alcohol 52% virtula drives then you might be in business.

It has a trial version so if you wanna go that route it might be worth your while.

http://trial.alcohol-soft.com/en/download_52.php

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    [bold]Only bad guys lie...So ask me no more qustions and I'll tell you no more lies.[/bold][/small]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2004
  6. feli

feli Guest

hmmm i can do with my alcohol 31 vd`s....
    but like i said after more than 7 vd`s(doesnt matter if alcohol or clonecd)the game wont run....
    i just like to use many vd`s cause of my kids.
    i guess i have to wait for further developments results...

7. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I know what you mean about kids.

Thats funny that this protection does this...weird

you can try this.

*I re-edited my previous post*

8. feli

feli Guest

maybe i left some important information away...:
    i am using alcohol 120(full-31 vd`s)
    and the protection of this game is according to aray starforce keyless.
    By the way: what is a starforce keyless protection? i thought that there is starforce 1 or 2 or 3.
    so what is the different?
    greets

9. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Check this link out if you want to know more about Starforce Keyless.http://www.star-force.com/index.phtml?category=11&type=3&id=193

10. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Great link, pollushon. StarForce has always been a real booger to deal with.