1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

720p/1080i vs. 1080p

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by boleto, Dec 31, 2005.

1. boleto

boleto Member

i hear from everywhere that you wont see the difference of 1080p unless the screen is like 50"
    but they're talking about the difference from 1080i, wouldn't/shouldnt they be talking about the difference from 720p also, because of the resolution.

what i ultimately want to ask is... if i'm not gonna get 50" tv, am i fine with 720p

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Yes. The higher the resolution the closer you can sit to the tv. Thats it. The picture doesn't look so good because the resolution is high. It looks great because it was captured, transmitted, and displayed digitaly.

Ced

3. boleto

boleto Member

thanks for the reply
    but i'm still not sure
    if i'm gettin 20-20" tv, there is no purpose of getting a 1080p for the ps3?

4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Don't know yet. Common since tells me that the PS3 Games will max out at 1080i.

5. boleto

boleto Member

i really doubt that. i bet it will be 720p standard but alot of games will be 1080p.
    but i wasnt just talking about the games.
    ps3 is also a blu-ray investment.
    u know what lets just drop that. can i see the difference between 720p and 1080p on 20-29" tv's

6. diabolos

diabolos Guest

I would say no. There really isn't a reason to buy an HDTV monitor under 30" unless its for a computer.

Ced