1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8 hrs & 42 mins to burn backup....help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by higgy13, Sep 20, 2004.

1. higgy13

higgy13 Member

Installed a Pioneer DVR-108 last week that I got from newegg.com. I've followed all of the great guides on here to try and get myself started cause this is my first DVD-RW drive. I been using dvd shrink and dvd decrypter and when I try to burn it it will start to write but then always drops down to o.o. I finally let it go to see if it would finish and it did but it toook 8hrs & 42 mins. I've done all the things that I've seen posted to help make this work right(new ASPI, DMA if avialable, lastest firmware, etc.) And now when I try to run dvd shrink I get Invalid DVD navigation structure. Very frustrated...please help.

2. higgy13

higgy13 Member

My bad....thought I posted this in the newbies forum. If someone could move this for me that would be great.

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi higgy13, Welcome to AfterDawn!

Have you tried a different movie? If the burn is not completed in 15 to 20 minutes at 4X then something is wrong. An invalid nav structure means ther is something wrong with the disc files or at least the program reading them thinks they are bad.

Try a couple of different movies. If you have a DVD R/W disc I recommend you use that so you can erase mistakes and not make coasters.

Double check your burner installation and make sure you have it installed according to the instructions that came with it.

Cheers,
    Frank

4. higgy13

higgy13 Member

I've tried different movies hasn't helped. I've been using an R/W disc. The only one I had was 2.4x so that's what I've been tryin to burn at.

5. totos

totos Guest

Hi higgie13. Have you tried any hacked firmware? If yes that might be a problem...

If no, I would suggest to send the drive back the soonest for a replacement, as the times you get are in no case acceptable.

You can give a try with a couple of movies as well,as fasfrank stated, but if you have the same results send the drive back immediately or ask them for support.

6. higgy13

higgy13 Member

the only firmware I tried was from pioneer's website.

7. totos

totos Guest

then send your drive back as it seems it could be defective...