1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

800-900mb cds whats the best value? & the best 700mb cdrs

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by ^Krusty^, May 1, 2003.

1. ^Krusty^

^Krusty^ Member

I use Imation for my 700mb overburning, For a while I was using generic princo "Ibelieve" a 100 pack spindle for my 900mb discs. Im currently out so now I have to replace so im wondering whats the most compatible 900 mb cd? Url's greatly appreciated

I have a Liteon burner btw if that helps!

Please let me know what you use in 700mb cdr's for overburning as well. I use Imation there must be better though as quality is circumspect.

Thanks,

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

The compatibility issues aren't result of media quality, but the fact that 900mb media is non-standard and not all devices support them. Refer to the manuals & docs of your hardware.

3. ^Krusty^

^Krusty^ Member

I did, what im trying to find out is what the forum members consider the best 900mb cdr's. I realize they are non-compliant HOWEVER my burner burns tons of data on a 700mbcdr. Therefore if I can find a 900mbcdr manufacturer I can up the bitrate on my svcd'd and keep it down to 2 discs a movie.

Anyhelp would be appreciated, and thanks for your reply.......

4. OhSoS

OhSoS Member

actually, i'd be curious what kind of luck people are having with over-burning too.
    i tried to burn about an 87 minute audio comp with my brand spanking new LiteON LTR-52246S on some 80 minute FujiFilm Taiyo Yuden media, and it failed at 98%.
    it did however only take about 3 minutes to get to that point, heh.

over-burning is as much a result of the burner as the media, though.

5. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Krusty,

Sorry - I haven't tried any 900mb media, as I see no point in it, so I can't tell anything about their quality.

Are you sure that you SVCD/DVD player is happy with such dics?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]http://CD-RW.ORG - Online since 1996
    Millions of burners served[/small]

Last edited: May 6, 2003
  6. ^Krusty^

^Krusty^ Member

Good point still I have a dvd and a cdrw both are Liteons, Im willing to give it a shot anyway.......Also for the guy who had the burning problem at 98% I had the same ITS BECAUSE the audio files too large.

7. SevenOTwo

SevenOTwo Member

lmao, overburning has to be done at like 8x or slower

8. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. 900MB discs rock. They may be non-standard but I havnt had a problem with them - yet. There's some company in Canada called "Sun Power" and they make 730, 800, and 900MB discs.

2. SevenOTwo: Not quite sure if I agree. I've never had a problem overburning at speeds in excess of 8x (i.e., 32x, 48x and 52x). I've overburned using Nero and CDRWIN. With NERO I can't seem to get past 703MB while with CDRWIN I regularly burned 718-721 (in both cases using cheapo, 32x 700MB discs).

9. Praetor

Yay I'm 1 AD-year old! :)

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Ditto on CDRwin 5X, for overbuning, not the one from GoldenHawk but the German version. I still have some 900 meg cds laying around. Many manucatures won't give them an ID number probably so that don't have to provide support, so it's difficult to determine makes what on many of them. My plxtor however can burn to 900 megs on standard 70 meg media.

11. Praetor

Yes indeed and if you cant find it, use Discjuggler by Padus (which is what CDRWIN5 is based off).

Yes but they arent really universally compatible (ok for personal use but not so useful for sharing/transporting) -- right?