1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

800mb BIN onto a disc?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cheung31, Aug 25, 2003.

1. cheung31

cheung31 Member

Guys, is it possible to burn a 800mb bin file onto a disc? i had this problem for midnight club 2 and pirates of the caribbean svcd.

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Glad you ask m8 and you can burn 800 mb (bin& cue) to a 700 mb cd-r(w) easily. I use burnatonce at burn [bold] no faster than 8x [/bold] for svcd (or any video file format)

Shoey

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

SVCDs are commonly up to 830-840MBs apeice dude. As far as burning data cds, dont quite think you can hit those numbers with a regular, run of the mill 700s. As Shoey says, with SVCDs it is especially important to burn slow. Happy burning. :)

midnight club II: is that a movie or what? sounds like a racing game hehe

4. cheung31

cheung31 Member

thx guys, and using nero would be fine?

so 8x and it'll do the trick? only for svcds tho

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Nero will get the job done and it's recommended not to burn video faster than 8x.
    If you burn at high speeds and you have video playback problems don't say you've been warned cause' [bold] you've been warned [/bold] (hehe)

Shoey :)

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Especially with (S)VCDs because standalone units tend to be very fussy (which drives me crazy to the point i no longer watch movies on TV hehe... it helps that I'm a studetn and dont actually have a TV either hehe). With data and audio cds typically you only need to watch out when you start overburning (that is, no overburning at 52x). Other than that, the slower the better.... but especially so with (S)VCDs