1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8x dvd x copy problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by guido101, Sep 25, 2004.

1. guido101

guido101 Member

i have bought memorex 8x dvd r+ and my movies are skipping and freezing when i use dvd shrink and nero they don't is x copy not capable of 8x disc????

does anyone know if they are going to stop making 4x discs because they seem to be getting harder to find everything is 8x now????

thanks in advance jason

2. crazymf77

crazymf77 Guest

Try burning at 4 times anything above that is usually unreliable.Still lots of 4 times where i live, but then i live in Canada and were behind.

3. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

guido101-
    I have been doing DVD backups only a short time and this forum has helped several times. If you look around the forum threads you will see that media is very important--Memorex media is not a good choice even if it was expensive--There are a few that I trust--Verbatim, Sony, Ritek and a couple others--check around the site here--Also, Burn speed is best kept at 4X or even 2.4 in some peoples minds--Cuts down on errors and playability--Suba Pete has a very good guide on this forum for using DVD Shrink and DVD Decyptor--both are free and also available here--software tab on top--OK--Good Luck and let us know how you made out!

Roger (Whitfield)

4. guido101

guido101 Member

thanks for the fast reply

i just bought the 8x and they work with shrink but not with express so i will probally use shrink the quality seems better anyway but i wish i could burn faster using nero it only burns at 2.4x any suggestions

5. crazymf77

crazymf77 Guest

Which version of nero do you have? Is it updated.
    I have version 6 updated to 6.3 and have burnt about 10 discs at 4 times speed with no problems you might just be using outdated stuff.

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

XCopy doesn't do 8x successfully. It was really meant to be burned at 4x or better yet 2.4x. Problem is most newer burners with updated firmware will burn 4x media at 8x ... so that won't help you.

Best practice is to use 2.4x media with XCopy, or make sure your burner will really burn 4x media at 4x.

7. flip218

8. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

I also have Nero and it will burn at 4X, no problem,so maybe you have an old version, But I also use DVD Decryptor (available here free) and that always burns at the speed of my disks which are 4x--Why not download and install Decryptor and try that--burns a movie in about 15 minutes.

Roger

9. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Sorry flip 218--I pushed the send before I saw that you had posted.

Roger

10. flip218

No worries ... any other programs other than XCopy should be discussed over here.

Just XCopy questions over in the XCopy forum :)