1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8x problem

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by sim_bob, Apr 11, 2005.

1. sim_bob

sim_bob Member

I have a pioneer dvr-107d x8-+ dvd-rw and i have some 8x dvd-r disc's but they only burn at 4x can anyone help me out???

dvd decripter
    nero 6
    all burn at 4x only

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

You probably have your burn setting in Nero set to 4X. That is a good thing.

3. sim_bob

sim_bob Member

how do i change it

4. tkboxer

tkboxer Member

In the "Burn Compilation" window of Nero you will see the "Burn Tab". In Burn Tab will be a "Write Speed" drop down tab, listed will be the burns speeds that Nero has determined for the media and drive you are using. Burn speed difference is approximately 5 minutes between 8X vs. 4X, however 4X will be more reliable for DVDVideo. Hope this helps you.

5. cruisin60

cruisin60 Member

I just tried 2 different 16x burners and tried burning 8x media. Nero said it was burning at 8x and the estimated time was apporximately 8 minutes but the actual burn took 16 minutes the same amount of time it used to take me to burn at 4x speeds on my old burner. I spoke to both vendors about the problem and one solution was to take my Rom drive off my channel and just run with the 16x burner. Tried it. It took 10 minutes to read the source to my hard drive and another 8 mintues to write. 18 minutes vs the 16 minutes for on the fly Nero. I brought back both burners and using my 4x burner.

6. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

sim_bob

It is also your burner firmware and how it shows the media burn speeds that you use. For example;

The Sony Media -R I use is rated at 8X but my burner shows it and burns it up to 16X.
    The Sony Media +R I use is rated at 8X but my burner shows it and burns it up to 12X.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005