1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8x speed on DRu-710a?

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by kedogn, Nov 15, 2004.

1. kedogn

kedogn Member

I cant seem to get my Sony DRU-710a to burn at 8x for the life of me. Its a brand new unit I installed just tonight... any suggestions? I have already tried the DMA/PIO switch, I have gone from Memorex 8x DVD-rs to TDK 8x DVD-r's... any other suggestions?

As it is now its taking me about 45 minutes to burn a full DVD-r, and NERO says that is at 8x on a TDK dvd-r. I know that at 4x on any cheap media I can burn a full dvd-r in that amount of time... I guess I am assuming that an 8x burning would cut that time in atleast 1/2?!?!?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  2. Juhnny

Juhnny Member

Did you check both primary and secondary IDE channels to make sure the DMA was set? I had similar problem last night where my performance dropped and it was because the seconday IDE channel was set to PIO. If this is the case you just need to unistall the IDE channel then reboot. Your O/S will reinstall it. Just go check it again to make sure it's set to DMA.