1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

90's Music folder

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by rex2040, Jan 10, 2006.

1. rex2040

rex2040 Guest

i have a ipod 30GB video, in my list of songs is the list for 90's music, under that list are songs that i dont want, but i cant find anyway to delete them, its like they are locked, anyway to delete them?

2. chuy01

chuy01 Member

i think you have to remove them with itunes

3. rex2040

rex2040 Guest

ok, well that is nice and all, but i have tried that. all it gives me is the option to uncheck the box,copy, id3 tag or copy the song. nothing else about deleting them off the ipod? do i have to delete from my computer the update ipod, will that do it or what? help, going crazy.

4. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Here's a trick that I play to delete songs from playlists that I no longer want/need. Go 'edit' then 'select all'. then right click your songs (they should all be all highlighted blue), and click 'get info'

Rename The [bold]Artist[/bold] "+/+/" (or anything, so long as none of your other songs are called it). So all your songs in the 90's folder you don't want will all have the same name. Now (in your iTunes library) type in "+/+/" in the search bar. This will leave you with a list of all the songs in your 90's music file, the ones you just renamed. Now, go 'edit', & 'clear'. Now your 90's music folder will be empty. ;)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2006
  5. rex2040

rex2040 Guest

Thank you so much for that helpful tip, i am going to try it now. again, thank you.

6. rex2040

rex2040 Guest

well so far that isnt working, it looks like it is renaming them, but it still wont let me clear them off, the option for clear is not i guess highlighted or lit up for me to click on it

7. Lethal_B

rename them, then [bold]exit the playlist[/bold]. then you can delete them..

8. rex2040

rex2040 Guest

i got it to work. thank you. now my ipod has a lot more space free for more music and videos. thanks for all your help lethal_b.

9. Lethal_B

no problems. glad to help.