1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9800 pro dvi to advent hdtv dvi

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bizzE, Feb 1, 2005.

1. bizzE

bizzE Guest

i purchased a 30 inch Advent widescreen hdtv tv (1080i) progressive scan. it has dvi built in on the back. i have a 9800 pro 128 video card and i purchased a dvi-d cable connecting the pc to the tv.

the problem- i cant get a clear picture over 800x600. i try the widescreen resolutions and its even worse. i have read about this and the powerstrip program hasnt really helped. i get the high res. but it isnt really clear. i play on using the hdtv as a full time monitor for video editing and recording bands. there will be no other monitor connected.

i have read that pc dvi to hdtv dvi should give the clearest picture and i dont need the ati component converter to get the crystal clear pic, the dvi has been said to work.

what are my options? how can i get the clear picture?

2. bbfn11

bbfn11 Member

I have the same card and TV that you do. I have tried the DVI-I cable but not the correct one.I am told DVI-I is what I am to use. It was a single and not dual link. I am attempting to get the correct cable. I am using component video out with the dongle from the ATI card I get good resolutions but with major overscaning and virtual desktop. I tried different configurations with Power Strip with no luck. I am a newbie with the program. So, I am in the same boat as you so if you find something out before I do please reply. I will do the same for you. Thank You!

3. bizzE

bizzE Guest

i think the problem was that the advent is 16X9 ratio. pcs are native to 15X9. i found this out when i bought a flat panel lcd tv. its aspect ratio is 15X9 and i found out that that is native for pcs. so when outputting the pc to advent, it wont work as well. this is what i came up with my experience after getting my lcd/tv. thats all i can come up with.