1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

99 minute CD-Rs...ATIP = unknown

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by Joshewah, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

I recently discovered a pack of 99 minute CD-Rs that I bought a couple years back when I was big into backing up Dreamcast games. The CD-Rs are completely blank (shiny silver on top, shiny silverish/grey/green [I'm color blind so its an off silver color] on the bottom.) They were the only 99 minute CD-Rs I could find, and I had to order them from Canada. I wanted to check the ATIP to see who manufactures them but in Alcohol the ATIP, and all other info, is listed as "unknown." Each CD-R came in its own black slim case and they were rather expensive for just a 10 pack. Is there anyway to find out who makes these or of what quality they are?

2. Jallan

Jallan Regular member

My only suggestion would be to contact the people you obtained the discs from and ask.

3. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

I have no idea where they came from, it was an obscure Canadian site that sold a vast array of different types of media in bulk quantities. the 10 pak was listed as a "sample" and everything else on the site was by the 100+ count per pack.

Is there a CD identifier program? I've seen them for DVDs but not CDs.

4. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

http://www.burnsmart.com/pr9080cd90mi.html

The Prodisc 90Min CD-R discs have a shiny silver, the bottom surface is light green. "90 Min" is printed on the center hub of the discs. The 90 Min CDR discs have no branding or printing on the top surface. The 90 minute CD-R discs come packaged in shrink wrap.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  5. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Ahh thankyou for that info. I checked the center hub on my CD-rs and on the very edge of the hub where the silver starts is says (RTD99M-00190 SD) Closer to the center of the hub near the hole it has a tiny serial code (L112G4206264810E12)

I guess I'll have to do some research and find out what I've got.

6. Jallan

Jallan Regular member

Jizmark, that's very useful info considering it has nothing to do with their question.

7. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

"RTD99M" received 3 hits on google, and all three refered to Ritek. I guess its safe to assume my mystery CD-Rs are Ritek.

So are there CD identifying programs much like the ones for DVDs? If yes, Whats a good one? (I currently use Alcohol 120% for the ATIP)

8. Jallan

Jallan Regular member

9. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Thank you :D

10. alinaim88

alinaim88 Member

hey where'd u order those 99 mins CD-Rs from?

11. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

@alinaim88

I have no idea where I got them. :(

I ordered them about three years ago so I could backup my Dreamcast games. Because as most Dreamcast fans know Original GD-ROM are very crappy and a moments notice can freeze the console, or boot you to the Dreamcast dashboard.

Back ups run 10X better than original GD-ROMs but you need CD-Rs large enough to fit about 800Mb and thats where the 99Min CD-Rs came into the picture.

I got them from an obscure Canadian site, they were very expensive at the time, and only game me the option of ordering a 100 pack or a 10 CD sample pack. I went the sample pack route since I was new to overburn and 99Min CD-Rs.

I found this site for you with a few 90/99 Min CD-Rs.
    http://www.dvdshoponline.co.uk/90_Min_CD-R_Media.html

12. alinaim88

alinaim88 Member

thanks bro but thats a site from uk I doubt it they ship in u.s but I'll search for it online again thanks