1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

99 Minute CD-Rs?

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by CAR8624, Nov 24, 2004.

1. pabmove

pabmove Member

>CJC

so wait a second, if I can put 99 min of audio and video on my CDr (100min 900mb) and not data - that means I can burn my video file?

2. CJC

CJC Regular member

You can put either 99 mins of Audio OR 99 mins of Video (for VCD/SVCD).

So as long as ur VCD is less then 99 mins, it should burn, if u enable overburn.

CJC

3. zana

zana Member

Hey all, a newbie here :) I'd be really grateful if someone can give me a quick answer to my problem.

See, I hardly ever burn stuff, but I absolutely have to copy several (data) discs for a friend for tonight. Not knowing much about the different types of blank discs available, I went out and bought a package of ten TDK high capacity (90 min) CD-Rs. I thought that the 800 MB written in huge letters referred to the amount of data that can be burned onto it. Silly me :)

It turns out, however, that I can't even burn less than 700 mb onto it. No matter how much I reduce the file sizes, it keeps on telling me to insert a higher-capacity disc.

I think the problem is that, like I said, I hardly ever burn stuff. As a result, both my hardware (a Matsushita UJDA710 drive) and my software (Adaptec Easy CD Creator) are over three years old and pretty pathetic. I *think* that the problem is that the program is misreading the length/capacity of the disc, but I can't seem to find a way to change it.

I've tried setting it on disc-at-once, but that doesn't help. The program doesn't mention 'overburn' anywhere, it's too old, I guess?

So what do you guys think, is the problem with the drive or the software? If it's the drive, I guess there's nothing I can do, but if it's the latter, is there any free software I could download quickly tonight to use instead of my crappy one? At this point, I'll be happy to have even 100 MB of data on each disc, as long as I can get it done soon. I don't have time to go buy new blank CDs :(

Any advice?

4. kbokusan

kbokusan Member

I have been buying a lot of E-BLUE CDR's ,including 90min/805mB ,and 100min/900mB.
    I have tested all possible data and audio type burning, and they are capable of holding the amount labeled.

BTW eblue for me is not a good media type, i have a laptop 24x burner and can only burn these cdr's at max speed x16. And they produce alot of write fail and coaster's.And Read speed of these cd'rs are slow as hell,it is close to impossible to stream large media files from the burnt cd's.

Has anyone mentioned you must burn VOERSIZE cd'rs with option "DISK AT ONCE"

5. kbokusan

kbokusan Member

I forgot to mention i use NERO 6 and both EBLUE 805mB and 900mB bisk read as normal 700mBs cdr and tell me there is not enough space, but u can still overburn the cdr's