1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A better USENET provider then Astraweb?

Discussion in 'Usenet newsgroups - Help, how-tos and discussion' started by wheelstb, Aug 6, 2013.

1. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

My USENET account has expired I was with Astraweb. Can anyone recommend a better provider? Preferably one with long retention, decent prices and most importantly one that is not so gung ho to remove binary content.

I have heard that Tweaknews was pretty good in terms of not being quick to remove binary content but, then I heard they were just the same as everyone else.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. RealGomer

RealGomer Regular member

I haven't had any problems with Astraweb. When I last looked, they were one of the cheaper sites and offered various "pay as you go" plans.

3. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

Thanks for your input. I have had some problems with it. I have gone to TweakNews. I have no problem getting what I want. But the speed is not nearly as fast as it should be. Nor is the speed consistent.

4. xbkrypt0n

xbkrypt0n Active member

Try different ports and servers if TweakNews offers them. I have my client set so that it connects to all server and port combinations on Astra.

5. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

Great point. I will try that out. For while the speed was great. Now it's erratic but, usually much slower than it should be. What client do you use?

6. xbkrypt0n

xbkrypt0n Active member