1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A BIG Thank You and ask others to support your site

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by Homemaint, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Homemaint

Homemaint Member

Hello to all and mostly dRD. I've been visiting your forum for almost a year now and have found it confusing as well as VERY educational. I just wanted to say thanks for all the inputs, idea's, suggestions and help. I urge everyone who utilizes this forum to contribute as much info as possible as the help is invaluable and everyone has a differant approach but I also know it can get expensive to maintain a site and that if there is no or not enough financial help that the site developer/s can lose interest fast. I'd also like to say give a few dollars every few months as you use the site and try to think of the savings your getting from it. Post a THANK YOU every now and then as I have found that the only ones I saw were over 6 months old with no contributers.

2. Homemaint

Homemaint Member

P.S. From above posting.

Joe (Homemaint@aol.com)

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Thanks for the support -- whether it is moral, forum posts or financial. We truly appreciate it. And despite things getting tricky by December (we have to remove our DVD rippers -- basically DVD Decrypter and SmartRipper are the biggest titles we have to give up), we will continue to maintain the site. You guys have managed to push our site in such traffic figures that we can actually claim ourselves to be "major website" pretty soon :)

4. Trance2

Trance2 Guest

This is only my second visit to this site, but I absolutely love it. The first time I was completely baffled by DiVX files, I could see picture but no sound. I came here and within minutes found exactly what I needed.

This place seems amazingly helpful, and I would like to help contribute,but I don't have a credit card (bad credit happens a lot, especially when you're 23) but I would like to contribute. Is there any other way?

5. Homemaint

Homemaint Member

Hi Trance,

Yes I believe PayPal can accept checking accounts also and they'll even pay you $5.00 to join. You can also use the account to pay for almost anything you purchase on the web. I know the differant auctions LOVE it.

https://www.paypal.com/

Above I have posted a link that can help you if it's legal to do on this forum.

I'm sure that the folks at Afterdawn appreciate your thoughts and your words and are very happy you have gotten assistance with your issues.

Best of luck, Regards, Joe

Last edited: Oct 27, 2002