1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple noob questions...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by raindog, Nov 9, 2004.

1. raindog

raindog Member

Hey guys,
    I just bought my first DVD burner the other day, and have been using the net to try and teach myself how to make it do its tricks, but I've either been looking in the wrong places or I'm too dense to understand the answers.
    So if someone could help me out, I'll love you all forever....

If I have a movie in .bin format on my computer, what's the procedure for converting/burning so it will be playable on my standalone DVD player?

I've tried to back up some of my movies, but after ripping, everything's too large to fit on a blank DVD. What am I doing wrong/what step am I missing?

Thanks so much! This is an awesome site, I just don't understand most of it yet....

Raindog

2. carpki

carpki Guest

You need to shrink the movie to make it fit onto a single DVD.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd9_to_dvdr_with_dvd_shrink.cfm

Will show you how to do it using DVD Shrink (free program).

As for BIN files you need to extract the image from them. You can use iso buster or VCD Gear to do this and they will convert the bin file to an mpeg. You could also use Alcohol 120% to burn the bins to cd and play them in your DVD, it gives you VCDs or SVCDs.

If you wish to create a proper DVD you need to use a program such as dvd lab, dvd author or nero vision express to convert the mpegs to vob files then burn them using your burning software.

Look in the guides section on how to do this.