1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple of questions about Nero

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Dennishp, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Dennishp

Dennishp Member

I have Nero 6 and Win2K..works great. Just bought a laptop with Vista..tried to load Nero 6...won't work....conflicts.

I want to have a ROM buring software on my laptop...I hate to buy another veriosn of Nero because of Vista. I was looking at the Micro and Lite versions of Nero on this website. They appear to need a serial number to work..although they are listed as shareware.

Is there a free/shareware burning software that will allow me to burn Vob files to a DVD and easily make audio CD's? Or do I have to purchase Nero 8 and pitch my old retail version of Nero 6?

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

As you've discovered Nero 6 and the earlier versions of Nero 7 are not compatible with Vista.

To burn ISO image files or a folder of VOBs with the requisite IFO and BUP, use ImgBurn (free). Use the Build mode to create an ISO image from the DVD folder and then the Write mode to burn the ISO image to a blank.

http://www.imgburn.com

As for CDs, most music services like iTunes have their own burning engine built in. So if you use iTunes, just use that for burning your audio CDs. Otherwise, there's DeepBurner and Burn4Free.

http://www.burn4free.com
    http://www.deepburner.com/?r=download

I'd be surprised if your new laptop didn't already have some Roxio or other burning software already installed. Have you looked for it. The most likely to be pre-installed are Roxio RecordNow or Roxio Media Creator. Usually if your laptop came with a burner, there is burning software installed on the drive or available from an accessory CD or DVD that came with system.

3. Dennishp

Dennishp Member

Thank you for the information. Yes, my laptop came with some burning software installed. The trial version of Nero 8..which I deleted because I figured I'd be using my retail Nero 6 (surprise).

I have Imageburn installed but haven't figured out how to convert Vob files to an ISO. I went to the website but wasn't able to figure out what I needed to do by looking at the pictures they have as directions. I'll look at it again.

Vista comes with a CD buring program as a part of the suite..but it's pretty clunky to use comapared to Nero. My patience level isn't waht it once was.

4. Dennishp

Dennishp Member

Got it now...the Imageburn forums had step by step....works great.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

5. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

You're welcome. Glad you got it sorted out. Cheers.