1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple questions about Samsung LNT4065F

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by roryt2000, Jan 8, 2008.

1. roryt2000

roryt2000 Member

1. So I just bought a Samsung LNT4065F the other day and I have to say I absolutely love it. The only concern I have is that when I have my PS3 or Xbox 360 plugged into it (via HDMI), it seems that the picture is a bit blurry and the text is pixelated (more so on the 360). I can't notice it when I'm playing the game, but when I get notification popups or I'm in the menu I really notice it. On my other little Olevia TV the writing and menus are crystal clear and on this TV they just don't look as good. I tried messing with the sharpness because that seems to be the only thing that would really make a difference and it didn't do anything. Like I said I'm going through HDMI and both consoles are set up correctly for HD (1080p). I don't get what the problem is.

2. I set up my standard cable box with it thinking it wouldn't look too bad, but regular TV looks awful. Is there any way to improve how it looks? I could get an HD cable box, but would that make a difference if the actual channel isn't in HD?

2. ericsin

ericsin Member

Its because the xbox menu is in 480i, if not it would not work on a regular tv. Maybe they will upgrade that with a software fix.