1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a couple questions on wireless internet?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by gibbey531, Nov 29, 2007.

1. gibbey531

gibbey531 Member

I just got a Netgear router for our house and i just have a couple of questions about the router setup and such.
    Right now i have a linksys USB network adapter for my upstairs computer which will have internet. I was wondering if using a USB device would be safe enough or would it burn up or something if i had it on almost all the time? Or should i look for an actual card to install in my computer?

second i also have the router hooked up to an Xbox 360 for Xbox live. I played it before and now i'm haveing very bad lag. Is there any way to get rid of this lag that won't hurt any software hardware, and wouldn't cost a lot?

thanks

2. johney69

johney69 Regular member

ok first the usb shouldnt burn up thats wat there made for and
    next xbox live
    wat r u laggin on the pc or the xbox????
    p.s halo 3 is the best :)

3. steimy

steimy Active member

have you checked the network status on the 360 to make sure it doesn't show your NAT as strict?
    Also have you opened the Xbox Live ports on your router (port forwarding)?

4. gibbey531

gibbey531 Member

I'm lagging on Xbox live. i'm talkin red bars and the ocasional yellow connection. How to i enable the port fowarding and how to i change the NAT status from strict. i don't have a strict setting, i didn't check at all, but just in case i'd like to know.

5. steimy

steimy Active member