1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple questions

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by icekold15, Oct 17, 2004.

1. icekold15

icekold15 Member

1) I have a video that is about 350MB and its a .Avi file. I have Nero Burning Rom 6. I go to burn VCD and it encodes the file but it says it wont fit on my blank CD. THe CD is 700MB. I'm running Windows XP Pro. How do I make it fit.
    2) How do I know if my DVD player plays SVCD. It plays VCD's fine and the box says it plays VCDs but it doesnt say anything about SVCD. Also, what is the advantages and disadvantages of using SVCD over VCD.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

>> Nero Burning Rom 6. I go to burn VCD and it encodes the file but it says it wont fit on my blank CD. THe CD is 700MB. I'm running Windows XP Pro. How do I make it fit.

Again! [bold]DO-NOT-USE-NERO!!! [/bold] Use my method (TMPGenc + VCDGear). Why do you refuse to follow my guidelines? I refuse to answer to anyone that has troubles with Nero!!!!
    More, you posted also on http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/110106. Did you think to have more quickly and more complete/various answers if you posted this problem twice?

>> what is the advantages and disadvantages of using SVCD over VCD?

If it plays on your player, good (even if only 40' of movie fit on a CD instead of 80'). But sometime DVD players don't read all SVCDs...