1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a few questions

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by therock.., Sep 28, 2003.

1. therock..

therock.. Guest

Q1.is there a way to not have to keep on inputting the login name/password in these threads (so bloody annoying).

Q2.since formatting pc i find alot of (ahem) music i have seems to squeel alot like the old spectrums, im not always sure its infected so was wondering any good site to get codecs.

Q3.want to buy amd3000+/1gb ram/geforce4 tdi-4600.are the 512 dimm ddr(INFINEON) worth the extra money:

Q4.what does the PC standfor on the ram ie pc400 or pc333.

Q5.whats a decent motherboard without spending to much cos i would have spent enough allready.

2. DMW

DMW Regular member

A1. Login first and leave cookie on your computer is easiest way.

A2. This link is mainly for video but its a great codec setup anyways, may clear up the prob. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/48608

A3. What speed is the Infineon, i peronally prefer Corsair Ram (fast and reliable) but its not required. Ideally choose Ram with CL2, makes a big difference to overall performance.

A4. The ratings on RAM are an indication of speed DDR266 runs at Double rate 133MHz, DDR333 runs at double rate 166Mhz. The PC ratings ie PC2100,2700,3200 etc is the relative bandwith (rarely achieved in day to day use or gaming) it indicates the throughput ie 2100 2.1 Gb/s 2700 2.7 Gb/s etc.

A5. I have a Gigabyte board with a VIAKT400 chipset which is fine, friends have Nforce2 chipsets which fly and also unlock Athlon chips if you are into overclocking. Quick recomends would be ABIT NF7, Asus A7n8 Deluxe or EPOX 8RDA+. (all 3 have nforce2 chipset)

Hope it helps

Last edited: Oct 2, 2003
  3. therock..

therock.. Guest

ok iv set my cookies to except all but i still have to log on every single fooking time to write a message or reply to one!!!!

any other ideas

4. DMW

DMW Regular member

Erm, not sure y. It works on mine ok. Try getting a browser that has an autologin script, its a bit of a cheat that way because it should work, mebbe a mod knows why its not working for you.
    Sorry couldnt help much more.

5. therock..

therock.. Guest

i use aol if thats any help moderators :)

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Hmmmm? You called?

Check that your firewall validates afterdawn. Also make sure you're cookie list/temp folders dint get wasted everyday

7. therock..

therock.. Guest

i think i may just give up with this not sure about the firewall had a look in my norton firwall but couldnt see anything about validating.

i think this site just enjoys winding me up lol