1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few questions

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by barcs2002, Nov 3, 2003.

1. barcs2002

barcs2002 Member

First of i am planning to get a DVD burner i want to know is the Sony DRU-510A a good one to get is the 8mb buffer that good a feature for the money.

Also ive read a lot of tutorials and all on this dvd stuff but i havent seen anyone saying its posible to copy DVD Movies on the fly just like with CD-R's is this possible at all.

Is using DVD Shrink to analyse and comprese the movie and then buring the files created by DVD Shrink to DVD-R using Nero Burning Rom 5 one of the best ways of backing up a movie.

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You are better off getting the Pioneer 106 as it is more reliable than the Sony as well as being cheaper. You can only backup movies on the fly that are not copyrighted and are less than 4.38Gb which counts out 99.9% of all discs. Your point about DVD Shrink is correct and has worked for me for some time now. Make sure you get the latest upgrade for Nero 5.5 (which is 5.5.10.54).

3. barcs2002

barcs2002 Member

Does the 8mb buffer on the Sony DRU-510A not make much of a diiference in recording qaulity then.

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

If I was to want a new burner , I'd also choose the [bold]Pioneer 106 [/bold](OEM)