1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a filter IVIVIDEO.AX KEEPS CRASHING WMP !

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by spursmad, Sep 1, 2004.

1. spursmad

spursmad Guest

HI ALL,
    SINCE I UPDATED TO XP SP2 I CAN'T USE MY CUCUSOFT AVI2DVD DECODER!
    OR PLAY ANY OF MY AVI OR XVID FILES ON WMP FOR THAT MATTER!
    IT JUST KEEPS CRASHING AND I KEEP GETTING THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE COME UP STATING THAT THE PROBLEM IS A FILTER FROM WINDVD CALLED IVIVIDEO.AX,
    I HAVE EMAILED WINDVD BUT THEY STILL HAVN'T ANSWERED ME (BEEN 4 DAYS NOW)
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME,
    I JUST HAD A SYSTEM THAT WAS WORKING AND NOW IT'S ALL GONE WRONG,

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Why don"t you Un-Install WinDVD???

3. spursmad

spursmad Guest

i don't have win dvd installed,

thats the same advise win dvd game me, and i told them the same and they havn't got back to me since?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you don"t have WinDVD Installed then why are you writeing them to ask for Tech support???

You can Un-Install SP2 ,That is if you selected the Option to Archive files when Installing then you can un-install it...or you might be able to do a System restore till before you installed SP2...

I will not install SP2 for a few more months untill they work out all of the Bugs in it....

You can also just try deleteing the File from your System but make sure you make a Backup just in case....

5. spursmad

spursmad Guest

i wrote to them for tech support because the microsft online crash anaylis page sent me to their web site for help !
    i don't know why it did if i don't have their product installed?
    i've tried doing a system restore but it doesn't work, all seems to be fine then i re-boot and get told that no changes have been made to this pc!
    was thinking about just unistalling sp2 from the add/remove programmes menu, you think that'll work?
    gotta be worth a try i guess, what do you think?

also, i've tried deleteing the file itself, can't find it anywhere, done all the show hidden files and show system files business, still no sign of it!

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well Have you tried the Windows "Search" function to Look for the File cuz it scans your whole system for the File....
    If SP2 is in your ADD Remove programs list then you should be able to remove it....

7. spursmad

spursmad Guest

yeah i've used the search function but it seems to be gone!
    anyway, i've had enough of all this sh#t,
    i removed sp2 and all it's bits, uninstaleed cucusoft converter and burner, uninstalled all codecs and deleted anything with a reference to windvd and intervideo , done a couple of re-boots in between, then reinstalled cucusoft burner and converter, downloaded new codecs, and wayhay, we're up and running again,
    perfect dvd back up's once more,
    xp sps no thanks