1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A funny thing happened on the way to the pub.....(Starview news)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by enteeL, Jun 23, 2007.

1. enteeL

enteeL Member

So there I am heading to the pub on a Friday evening for a few well deserved scoops when one of my buds called looking for the new codes for Starview Dublin. Ooops, I say, best turn around and go check Afterdawn and sort out my own box too. Otherwise I'll get no end of grief from her indoors. So I get home and switch on my tv and lo and behold everything is fine. I call my bud and give him the codes which indeed have changed. Now how did that happen? I'm on software level 2.57 and was thinking I'd have to reflash or upgrade to get autoroll working. What's changed? Well nothing really except that I hadn't put the box in standby mode. So it looks like to get new codes when the cable supplier changes them, just leave your box on all the time. Later the same evening, buddy called again, cause the codes had changed again. When I got home the missus said it had gone off but was now working again. This is indeed good news.

2. klck2000

klck2000 Member

when did you get the box, cause if was recently you probably have the clonesafe v257 software on it(for clone boxes), or v400 for real boxes if you only bought it.This would mean it has the autoroll function

If not, its probably just your area, as my boxes is never turned off and still went.Different ares go off different whether your box is on or off

3. enteeL

enteeL Member

Yes it appears to have the autoroll function, but up to now I've had to manually input the codes when they changed. Yesterday the updated themselves and the only thing different was that the box was on and not in standby (i.e. I didn't hit the red button on the remote).

4. klck2000

klck2000 Member

ye its pretty strange alrite, cause if you ahd the autorool you should never had to put codes in,but happy days.i never turn mine off on standby etc and it scrambled.anyway,good that ur sorted and no code hassles.