1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Good Reason To Make A Donation For DVD-RB

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by vurbal, Oct 15, 2004.

1. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

It seems that the long awaited ILVU and multi-angle support for DVD-RB is just around the corner. jdobbs has gotten the first version supporting those features done and is testing it right now. He's also stated that while he still intends to release new versions as freeware, he's going to start releasing new versions to people who have donated or made other contributions to DVD-RB's development (like tracking down bugs) before releasing them to the general public. If you haven't made a donation yet, now would be a good time to do it.

For anyone who didn't know, here's also a version available right now that supports DGDecode, which is the most current version of MPEG2DEC3dg.

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Vurbal is right we need to contribute to keep the RB improvemnts coming. I've donated twice and just sent another $50 but that doesn't mean that jdobbs won't be happy with $10 or $20. If you're a regular user then you'll have noticed the numerous updates that jdobbs has been releasing lately, and you've got to know that means a lot of hard work and nothing says thank you like a few well needed bucks.

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Agreed, i also have made a donation and not just when I found out you would get the version earlier if you did. I have also encouraged others to do so during the last several months.

BUT, I'm sure jdobbs won't mind your reasons behind the donation as long as you donate. He's not getting rich here, and he does have an awful lot of time(his own) invested. He's not even asking, he just decided to reward those that have made an effort to support his wonderful program.

He has also chosen to give his software for free, when so many others are trying to make a buck, including those who have ripped off others of their hard work and research and didn't even bother to develop it themselves. Sooooo, let's all show just a little support.

Good job, jdobbs! :>)

Also, thanx for the guide vurbal, good idea to start this thread. ;>)

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Exactly right. If 10% of the people who use DVD-RB would make a $10 donation it would add up to a huge sum of money for jdobbs, but if you consider how much time and effort he's put into writing the program that seems fair.

It's also worth mentioning that jdobbs has stated that he doesn't want feature requests from people who haven't donated. That seems like a fair position to me. My small donation (several months ago) was purely due to the fact that DVD-RB was the first program I could use to automate CCE Basic for a full disc backup. I knew it was just a drop in the bucket, but I wanted to make sure he knew I appreciated what he had done. If you think about how much money commercial software that did the same things and was half as well supported would cost, a small donation seems like a bargain.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
    DVD Rebuilder Guides: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial_advanced.cfm[/small]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2004
  5. michigan

michigan Guest

I just recently started using the porgram after switching from the "beginer" programs (Shrink, Decrypter, etc..) This is hands down the best program out. And for jdobbs to give it away in this time of give me is amazing. I am the original CAB (cheap @$$ B@$tard) and I have donated so anyone who uses it should be able to. A little here and there from peoople who use it will certainly add up to help jdobbs to find time in his schedule to keep working on this excellent program.

Thanks jdobbs

6. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

Thanks much guys.

I'd be interested to see how your experiences are with 0.65 with multiangle titles. I'm, of course, expecting to have to fix some things -- but most of the feed back I've gotten are on pretty exotic titles.

Just FYI. I know I have to do some work on the size prediction on ILVU/muliple angles. I think I may have missed something there. I've also been reminded that there are titles with large ILVU areas (rare -- but true). I also created a new error when using ReJig with ILVU -- so you don't need to report that one.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Well, I use CCE so that won't affect me, and my sizing is still coming in at 4.3g. You're right about the titles tho, LOL I think everyone is putting it to the test. I have to say tho, so far it's performing wonderfully.

Also, the new speed is amazingly faster! I don't know if it's the new .dll file or the new avisynth 2.5.6 or a combination of the two, but WAY TO GO! That's the only thing about RB/CCE was it's speed, and it seems that issue has been addressed also.

One thing, is there anything special to do to get it to work with procoder? Seems just the correct path setup and checking procoder isn't enough. You get a error message "saying corrupt files or rip", and/or "files not in proper format" from procoder when RB opens it up.

Yet these same files work perfectly with CCE.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

8. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

It can only be used with Procoder 1.5 or above, and you have to use EclPro. First you run EclPro and point it to the Procoder executable, then point DVD-RB to EclPro.

9. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

I'd love to take credit for the speed increases -- but it comes from dgdecode and avisynth. (Sometimes I hate the fact that I'm so honest)

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Either way, it's wonderful!

Thanx for the tip, it probably isn't as good as CCE anyway ;>)

11. bigorange

bigorange Active member

jdobbs, is that the .21 version of EclPro? It's error message says unsupported format of procoder(using procoder 2.0)

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Update for those of us that are DVD Rebuilder contributors.

As many of you know I spent a good part of last summer trying to figure out how to backup movies with multi angles because as all RB users know, multi angles aren't supported. I suspect that I wasn't alone in my quest to overcome this obstacle and although I did eventually succeed it was a lengthy learning process of trial and error.

So what's my point? The first VIP release of RB .65 by jdobbs overcame the multi angled issue. He has since released versions .66 and .66a. I know that in 30 days many of you will appreciate RB's latest features as I have for the last couple of weeks. Then again you could do as I did and make a modest contribution to his efforts and get the latest releases immediately by email.