1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a how to convert guide...

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by rps13sh, Jun 9, 2004.

1. rps13sh

rps13sh Member

hello, im super new to this world and i was curious to know if there was some kinda bible made that has everything i need to know. something that tells me what file types can be burned to vcd, svcd, dvd, whatevers. something like a legend that tells me what can be done or needs to be done. like if i were to download some movies and they were xvid, what can i burn them to? dvd? vcd? svcd? i really dont know. if someone can help me find the nfo i need or can help me, that would be great. thanks.

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum.

That's a nice thought, but do you realize how much information you're looking for in one guide. You're basically looking for our entire guide section. In fact it's probably more like our guides plus the ones found at a couple other sites as well. Take some time, read through the guides, find one you want to try, read through that one again, try it out, and if you have questions post them. It's not as nice and neat as what you're looking for, but it's the best you'll be able to do.

3. rps13sh

rps13sh Member

not even a simple:

mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2 - whatever it can be burned to
    avi, divx, xvid, - whatever it can be burned to? something that tells me what my download needs to be burned into.

4. vurbal

5. rps13sh

rps13sh Member

i downloaded a " File : 700 MB (700 MB), duration: 1:31:49, type: AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 49 %"

ok im using avi2vcd to convert it into i guess a mpeg? and i can burn that into a svcd? well im trying it. i hope it works.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2004
  6. rps13sh

rps13sh Member

o yea btw thanks for the welcome vurbal. do you use AIM?

7. vurbal

Sorry. I don't use any IM programs, but if you read through the links on the page I linked to and come back with questions I'll answer any I can and I'm sure others will as well. Just remember, it can be very complicated when you get started and you probably won't understand what you're doing, but if you find some good guides with step by step instructions it will come to you as you go.

8. rps13sh

rps13sh Member

roger that. thank you vurbal. your the best.

9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

why not try cucusofts avi to vcd /dvd /svcd

http://www.avi-vcd.com

then use tmpgenc dvd author to finish your project with chapters and menus..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2004