1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a how to pdate your xbox modchip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by glitchzoo, Apr 23, 2006.

1. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

hay guys,
    iv got a hard mod on my xbox but its an old fasion one, so i cant copy games to my hdd and ect, this modd just allows me to boot pirates.
    i have an exercuter 2 modchip and is there anyway to update the bios or he software on it. please can you tell me in detail as i dont want to ruin my xbox.
    bacically my mod chip was one of the first ones avaibal, so the only thing it allows me to do s plqay pirates, evven the dashboards the same.

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Just reflash with an updated bios..Any 512k will usually work..but the x2 does everything all the others do..Try installing a new dash and apps..Slayers2.6 installer..

Are you sure you actually have a chip..that sounds more like a TSOP flash from years ago,(some ripoff people charge for chips and just flash the xbox hardware) running x2 or evox 2.4 bios, so proceed with care..

3. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

You should open your xbox up before attempting to flash anything and verify you do actually have a chip installed. This will avoid many potential problems :)

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Don't panic..you can't usually reflash a tsop without going to a lot of trouble, linking points on the board and the like

Bit first source an autoinstaller and let it boot..don't do anything else..just go to extras and check for which bios you are running..

If you put something like unleashX or boxplorer on a disk to boot from you can have a look at what is actually on the drive..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2006
  5. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Double post.. sorry, uplink delay!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2006
  6. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

o ok any info on how i reflash it? and yes im pritty sure its a mod chiped one. its one of the ones you can turn off from the side with a switch for xbox live. but its so oldfasion. all it does is let you play pirates, its the normal xbox dashboard. all thats changed it when you turn the xbox on there is no longer a xbox intro movie (when the chips on) and instead of a green xbox logo when its loading a game, its blue.

and i wanna modd on xbox connect ect. i could softmod the acuall xbox (4 when the modchips off), but that looks to complicated.

thanks for the help so far, but how do you flash it? and where do i get the new bios software, and new dashboards and systems from?

7. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

8. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

Also you should really determine what chip you do have installed on your system, so you could get a better idea of how to flash it and what size bios it can handle...

As you may have an ALADDIN chip installed (with custom switch) that is only capable of holding a 256KB bios and not the 'new' standard sized 512K - 1MB bios's you will find online.

9. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

hell i hope not otherwise ill just softmodd it. which i dont wanna do

10. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

easiest way to check what chip you have installed is to open your xbox up and take a look... if you are unsure you could post a pic or decribe it and i could let you know what chip it is.

Also you could describe your switch you have... what color is it, how many dip switches are on it? any LED's ? is it GREEN, BLUE or RED or maybe BLACK?

11. janrocks

janrocks Guest

One switch through the side sounds like an ancient "cheapmod"

You may find some answers here..

http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Mods/Old Xbox Modchip Diagrams.htm

The switch usually grounds the D0 line to disable the xbox bios.. If it's one of the ones listed here you should seriously consider upgrading.. These old things don't have much support any more. :)

I have an amazing collection of bios files.. need anything weird??

Stick Xbins.. far too much hassle, have a look at this place

http://www.eurasia.nu/

That's a gobsmacker!! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2006